Answered

Would like to allow users to select .mp3 file type for download rather than .wav

• 5 December 2014
  • 1 reply

I've uploaded a podcast as a .wav file knowing that Soundcloud compresses each file during upload for playback. However, I would like to enable users to download a converted mp3 file rather than the large wav file. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by djraveinpeace 5 December 2014, 18:48

Hi there,

Certainly, when your podcast is being played it is transcoded to 128kbps, just to allow for those users who may not have the best of internet connection speeds, but when the download is pressed, it is, as you know, the original format that your podcast was originally uploaded in.

First off, I think the idea is excellent & I would go here :

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/about-feature-requests

this will tell you how to register your "feature request" as it is termed.

The obvious "in the mean time" option is to convert your podcast to mp3 & upload that instead & then that is what the downloader will get. But, again, cracking idea & I think you should definitely go ahead with filling in the contact form which you can get to via the above link.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Hi there,

Certainly, when your podcast is being played it is transcoded to 128kbps, just to allow for those users who may not have the best of internet connection speeds, but when the download is pressed, it is, as you know, the original format that your podcast was originally uploaded in.

First off, I think the idea is excellent & I would go here :

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/about-feature-requests

this will tell you how to register your "feature request" as it is termed.

The obvious "in the mean time" option is to convert your podcast to mp3 & upload that instead & then that is what the downloader will get. But, again, cracking idea & I think you should definitely go ahead with filling in the contact form which you can get to via the above link.

Regards

DJ R.I.P