Question

Wrong Image Pops Up When Posting to Facebook

• 23 January 2015
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Same stuff https://soundcloud.com/alexlynch/say-no-words-single-2015
It keeps giving me my OLD profile picture instead of the artwork. It's more than just ridiculous. Btw, I tried doing the thing described above (via FB debugger) and it still won't work.

Thanks Mathis.

I also posted in another thread about this problem. I think you answered my question by saying that that, "the SoundCloud Facebook tab app is currently disabled and we don't have any immediate plans to enable it again." I can post to my Timeline on FB no problem, but I really appreciated that tab app because it stored all my SoundCloud songs in a place where people could easily find them. On Timeline they all get buried after time. :)

I would like to suggest working on a way to enable the tab app again.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers,
Robin
How can we perform a similar operation with Twitter? I'm sharing a Soundcloud track to Twitter and it's showing and old and out of date image. How can I force a refresh or get Twitter to 'rescrape' the image source?

Thanks

Jules
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
How can we perform a similar operation with Twitter? I'm sharing a Soundcloud track to Twitter and it's showing and old and out of date image. How can I force a refresh or get Twitter to 'rescrape' the image source?

Thanks

Jules

Hi there Jules,

I've just responded to your query on a different conversation. Unfortunately, there is no such debugging tool for Twitter. However, Twitter does seems to update their cache more frequently automatically, so you should soon be able to share your track with the appropriate artwork again.

All the best,
Mathis

Thanks

Jules

I'm having the same problem, incredibly frustrating. Have spent all day trying to trouble shoot this and get a track uploaded. How do I get my track to post on FB with the proper image, NOT my OLD, OUTDATED profile pic. Not even my current profile pic!

Thanks

Jules

the FB DeBugger has been working for me

Thanks

Jules

thank you! where do i find the FB debugger? I tried searching, but so many different options came up. is it a facebook app? or third party? No idea how it works, do I paste the soundcloud URL into the debugger and then it gets "cleaned up"? any help / advice would be much appreciated!
Just google FB Debug. Yes, paste the url and click debug, you will see the Fetch new scrape info button, click it. Click it again as needed until you see the desired image below where it shows what will be displayed when shared.
Userlevel 1
I believe Facebook defaults to the profile pic if I read your issue correctly.
I have the same problem and no matter what I do a photo of a gray and black gear accompanies my work. The photos are essential.
Userlevel 1
How about soundcloud FIX this recurring issue rather than getting US to?
I have the same problem. Majority of music and photo works as it should, then there is the problem of that stray mix up where there is a gray and black gear showing up on mine, same image as "cruzo..."
Please don't do the Apple thing and say all problems are me not them. There are many clients here who ha ve this problem. I pay a fee to use a somewhat easy platform.
So, you are saying it is us or Facebook? The image change is random, no measured repeats, the gray and black gear just is. Help? Offer a fix that does not require FB Degugger, cannot find it, or work from the clients end. Please don't make us do all the work, or maybe give a fee month to all who have a fix or SoundCloud fixes the random photo change that occurs right here in Soundclourd, it is not germane to Facebook alone.