About the Audio Quality of your Uploads

• 5 January 2018
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

The quality has gone down the toilet. Some tracks I've uploaded sound like a bit crusher was put over it when uploaded. I deleted those tracks.
You may not notice the difference but what ever you guys have done the quality has dropped so much I think it could be time to switch to spotify unless something is done and done fast.
Yup. SC has definitely reduced the quality of the music they stream. It's Popping and crackling on almost everything I listen on. Any track over any speaker I use will have audio distortion. It's actually really bad and has ruined SC for me. Lost my Pro Account for good.
I also just compared a SoundCloud stream to the MP3 I mailed myself. Both played from iPhone, the SoundCloud stream was obviously WORSE quality. Combined with the mobile app never updating when the track is re-upload - what is the point of SoundCloud? I want to support you, but even the Pro version I paid for a year ago sucked. Nobody seems to understand how SoundCloud works or what their model is. I'm moving to BandCamp.
As for me, music has a good quality on soundcloud
I recently uploaded a new track, as usual, SoundCloud squeezed it and the quality became disgusting. Analog drums turned into "plastic". It's a music service, now everyone has fast internet.

Why does the music service spoil the quality of the music?

I will post the tracks here until I find a better analog!
There's really nothing new I can add without simply saying "I agree".

I've been desperately trying lots of different mastering methods and audio files, and nothing has improved audio quality in the slightest. To say I'm pissed would be an understatement. It deeply bothers me that uploading the same audio file on YouTube (a VIDEO streaming service) results in noticeably higher-quality sound.

Why is it that some larger artists don't seem to have this issue? I can almost guarantee that if I were to directly download something from a big artist's page and re-upload it on mine, it would sound noticeably worse. (And yes, I know you're not allowed to do that. It's for the sake of example.)

Maybe I'm entirely incorrect in this assumption, but the fact remains that the audio quality of my uploads are completely degraded no matter what action I take.
You can set the quality of streaming in the setting to "HIGH". App and website too.

THis is coming with GO+ subscription I guess. That means, who is not registered and doesn't have GO+, he will always listen to 64k shi* ... This compressing is completely destroying the art. Such a shame !!!

I just realized I paid for listening in higher quality, which I am really not interested.
I created my channel for demonstrating my mix and mastering skills for movies.

So if I send the link to someone, what is the chance he got GO+ .....huh?

Where is the setting for streaming? Not for listening !!!! I paid for it because I thought streaming means quality of my audio tracks. I am really really upset guys.

Nasty management" THis is what's going on here. So please stop blaming people about fiddling with new OPUS codecs. I'm gonna find another server. It was definitely a waste of time and money for me, CHEERS !
I’m testing out SCloud quality right now, using Nuemann 310s and Focal SM 9s. It’s not Tidal HF, but for the Bach I uploaded yesterday, it DOES actually sound better than what I uploaded to YTube.

I have a regular account. Nothing fancy.

I did the same comparison about a year ago, and SC sounded ... not great. No top end. YouTube DOES eat more bandwidth, since it carries video. Thus in theory SC should have the edge sonically. Definitely not the case about a year ago.

There are of course lots of really crappy audio files on SC, just as there are on YT. That may be the original files themselves. SC needs to post its current KPS and format. That would go a long way to sorting this issue.