Follower count not growing explained

Show first post

83 replies

Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FOLLOWERS NOT ADDING TO "FOLLOWER COUNT" GLITCH/BUG.

for 2 years i have posted regularly and built a healthy and steady growth of genuine followers ,i have NEVER engaged in any scams, or paid for fake followers ,likes,plays,reposts , my follower profiles speak for themselves , but since november my follower account has been stuck in absurd and perculier fashion ,despite getting regular notifications of new followers my follower TOTAL has fluctuated between 1,321 on Oct 21st 2015 to 1,332 on Feb 18th 2016 , SO WHY IS THIS HAPPENING PLEASE ?? i understanned people "unfollow" but this development over 4 months is cause for concern , i do hope there is an explanation for this , thankyou 🙂

day
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wrong followings/followers number!.

Please fix this error once and for all
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers/Following count not updating.

Hi, I've been having a problem with my account for some time now. My follower/following stats don't update. Please what do i do?
We have the same problem, are you on to some solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Knaku,

Please read the post above. This is not a bug.

-Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FOLLOWING counter bug!.

Hi! We got 10.3K people listed as FOLLOWING while we do follow only ~30 people in deed. Please can you reset the counter?
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SOUNDCLOUD FOLLOWERS NOT GROWING , 5 MONTHS OF GROUNDHOG DAY LOOP , AND THE CONST....

Userlevel 1
So here's today's correspondence. Second one coming. I hasten to add that Joseph has been nothing but helpful. His Company sucks a very lot, though:(

Userlevel 1
I actually want my money back:( Anyone up for a Class Action?
Userlevel 1
oh so how come since i complained my follower numbers have gone back to normal and theres a change to how the followers are displayed ,well i have now made a note and saved eveidence of my follower list and i am going to monitor and save my follower information daily , so i will know who has stopped following me and who is new , i shall be back in a couple of months with the results
Userlevel 1
keep a log of everthing ,screen shots and figures then we have a case for a refund
Userlevel 5
when i gain a follower, my follower count decreases..absolutely bush league
Userlevel 1
Could we then have the option to get notified for unfollowers then? I think that would be a logical solution. I'm interested in hearing some thoughts about this. That way there is no more mystery. Users could see an unfollower and confirm that it is a spam account.

Thanks,
Lou

I have also asked for this via email to pro support. I have lost faith in the accuracy of SC statistics. Seeing unfollows would be a more transparent and less confusing experience.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to know why the number of my followers doesn't improve, even with me....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Some people follow me but doesn't appear in my profile and don't get noticed.

Followers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled yesterday 5 people followed me today 3 people did my followers changed from 2998 ....

followers stoped counting
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled lose followers and n step of having 190.

and lost over 30 Followers always q I win one I efface 3 and y solve THIS !!! and I bored me that this never happens I increased Followers !!! that give more mediocre service here and do not solve anything !!!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The number of people I follow has dropped by itself.

Once every few months I notice that the number of people I follow has dropped significantly. This includes other artist that I collaborate and am very close with. They can only assume I have unfollowed them on purpose and this has led to several awkward conversations. I also notice people unfollowing me as a result.

Does anyone know why Soundcloud would automatically reduce the number of people I follow? It is no where near the 2000 limit.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My followers do not rise in number.

I have 665
followers in my profile, I have new
followers every day, but the number does not advance
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey Soundcloud could you really help me I have lost followers and People are foll....

Hey Soundcloud could you really help me I have lost followers and People are following me everyday I am suppose to have about 6,300 followers because I had 6,227 Before and its doped and was staying at 6,149 can you please fix this. Thanks so much!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my followers wont go up.

its been like 2 months already ive posted like 10 times now! every single day at least 3 people follow me and my followers are still frozen it goes from 3061 to 3060 to 3059 to 3061 its been like that for 2 months!!!!!!! fix this now!! i am paying for these servise!!!!!
Userlevel 5
July 18, 2016 UPDATE: This is not solved! Not explained sufficiently and Soundcloud has not proven that they have taken a good faith attempt in resolving this issue.

This Problem is debilitating. People are paying for this service. Please advise.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled For some reason my followers and following section wont increase no matter how ma....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not updating.

So I've gotten notifications that people have followed, but the followers show an increased number for a moment and then revert back to the un-updated number. This is the same for following and has been happening for a few days.
I saved screen shots of the phenomenon you mention, where it shows one number at first, then changes downward a split second later. But at least YOU are getting notifications people are following you. I get ZERO notifications of anything anymore. 😕