Follower count not growing explained

• 10 February 2016
  • 83 replies

Show first post

83 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wrong followings/followers number!.

Please fix this error once and for all
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers/Following count not updating.

Hi, I've been having a problem with my account for some time now. My follower/following stats don't update. Please what do i do?
We have the same problem, are you on to some solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Knaku,

Please read the post above. This is not a bug.

-Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FOLLOWING counter bug!.

Hi! We got 10.3K people listed as FOLLOWING while we do follow only ~30 people in deed. Please can you reset the counter?
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SOUNDCLOUD FOLLOWERS NOT GROWING , 5 MONTHS OF GROUNDHOG DAY LOOP , AND THE CONST....

Userlevel 1
So here's today's correspondence. Second one coming. I hasten to add that Joseph has been nothing but helpful. His Company sucks a very lot, though:(

Userlevel 1
I actually want my money back:( Anyone up for a Class Action?
Userlevel 1
oh so how come since i complained my follower numbers have gone back to normal and theres a change to how the followers are displayed ,well i have now made a note and saved eveidence of my follower list and i am going to monitor and save my follower information daily , so i will know who has stopped following me and who is new , i shall be back in a couple of months with the results
Userlevel 1
keep a log of everthing ,screen shots and figures then we have a case for a refund
Userlevel 5
when i gain a follower, my follower count decreases..absolutely bush league
Userlevel 1
Could we then have the option to get notified for unfollowers then? I think that would be a logical solution. I'm interested in hearing some thoughts about this. That way there is no more mystery. Users could see an unfollower and confirm that it is a spam account.

Thanks,
Lou

I have also asked for this via email to pro support. I have lost faith in the accuracy of SC statistics. Seeing unfollows would be a more transparent and less confusing experience.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to know why the number of my followers doesn't improve, even with me....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Some people follow me but doesn't appear in my profile and don't get noticed.

Followers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled yesterday 5 people followed me today 3 people did my followers changed from 2998 ....

followers stoped counting
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled lose followers and n step of having 190.

and lost over 30 Followers always q I win one I efface 3 and y solve THIS !!! and I bored me that this never happens I increased Followers !!! that give more mediocre service here and do not solve anything !!!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The number of people I follow has dropped by itself.

Once every few months I notice that the number of people I follow has dropped significantly. This includes other artist that I collaborate and am very close with. They can only assume I have unfollowed them on purpose and this has led to several awkward conversations. I also notice people unfollowing me as a result.

Does anyone know why Soundcloud would automatically reduce the number of people I follow? It is no where near the 2000 limit.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My followers do not rise in number.

I have 665
followers in my profile, I have new
followers every day, but the number does not advance
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey Soundcloud could you really help me I have lost followers and People are foll....

Hey Soundcloud could you really help me I have lost followers and People are following me everyday I am suppose to have about 6,300 followers because I had 6,227 Before and its doped and was staying at 6,149 can you please fix this. Thanks so much!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my followers wont go up.

its been like 2 months already ive posted like 10 times now! every single day at least 3 people follow me and my followers are still frozen it goes from 3061 to 3060 to 3059 to 3061 its been like that for 2 months!!!!!!! fix this now!! i am paying for these servise!!!!!
Userlevel 5
July 18, 2016 UPDATE: This is not solved! Not explained sufficiently and Soundcloud has not proven that they have taken a good faith attempt in resolving this issue.

This Problem is debilitating. People are paying for this service. Please advise.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled For some reason my followers and following section wont increase no matter how ma....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not updating.

So I've gotten notifications that people have followed, but the followers show an increased number for a moment and then revert back to the un-updated number. This is the same for following and has been happening for a few days.
I saved screen shots of the phenomenon you mention, where it shows one number at first, then changes downward a split second later. But at least YOU are getting notifications people are following you. I get ZERO notifications of anything anymore. 😕
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Follower Counter stuck@141 forever...I would upgrade to pro but until I this get....

Follower Counter stuck@141 forever...I would upgrade to pro but until I this gets fixed why bother. Is there any support available ?