Follower count not growing explained

• 10 February 2016
  • 83 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

If you get several notices of new Followers however your count is staying the same please read the following carefully.

The perception of followers not growing comes because we send notifications when people follow you, but not when users 'unfollow' you. This means in the same time that people follow you (which you're notified for), other followers may have un-followed you, which would lead your followers count not increasing by the amount that you were notified for.

Additionally, there are users paying for promotional services and fake Followers on SoundCloud. When a user pays for a fake Follow, a spam account is created that follows this user. That same account then follows other accounts on SoundCloud to appear legitimate. This is violating our Terms of Use. Our Trust and Safety team detects these users and removes their accounts along with the fake spam accounts.

The problem is that there is a delay for this action to have an effect on all the accounts the spam account followed meaning that the actual number of your Followers will take time to adjust while our system reverts all Follow actions made by the spam account.

An important note on the severity of spam: we remove 1,000's of spam accounts daily which has a huge impact on user followings.

How do you know if your account is being followed by Spam accounts? Take a good look at your Followers. Do you see many blank accounts? Accounts with no image or a username like User1234455? Also, do you see patterns in the images such as images provocative in nature? These are likely spam accounts. You can help us detect these fake accounts quicker by blocking and reporting them.

Our team is working hard to make the actions of spam accounts revert immediately to decrease the misconception of stuck followers.

Thank you for your reading. We will continue to monitor this issue closely.

-Mathis and Gina

83 replies

Please do something and stop ignoring users' needs!
I have been getting new subscribers everyday but they don't show up at all. This is a very annoying thing I should be over 2,000 followers but its been the same number for over a year now . So I ask you what the heck is going ?
you are not alone in this matter , we also have this problem and dont understand why. we need this fixed also 😠
Hello,
I am a subscribed member of SC and every time a new follower is on my newsfeed i noticed that instead of inscreasing the follower count stays stuck or even decreases. Please help fix this. I dont understand why it keeps happening.
i have the same issue.
My follower count has continued to drop a lot of numbers for no reason? I dont buy bots im losing massive amounts of followers can you help with this?
https://soundcloud.com/kojiriotz
Hi,

If you get several notices of new Followers however your count is staying the same please read the following carefully.

The perception of followers not growing comes because we send notifications when people follow you, but not when users 'unfollow' you. This means in the same time that people follow you (which you're notified for), other followers may have un-followed you, which would lead your followers count not increasing by the amount that you were notified for.

Additionally, there are users paying for promotional services and fake Followers on SoundCloud. When a user pays for a fake Follow, a spam account is created that follows this user. That same account then follows other accounts on SoundCloud to appear legitimate. This is violating our Terms of Use. Our Trust and Safety team detects these users and removes their accounts along with the fake spam accounts.

The problem is that there is a delay for this action to have an effect on all the accounts the spam account followed meaning that the actual number of your Followers will take time to adjust while our system reverts all Follow actions made by the spam account.

An important note on the severity of spam: we remove 1,000's of spam accounts daily which has a huge impact on user followings.

How do you know if your account is being followed by Spam accounts? Take a good look at your Followers. Do you see many blank accounts? Accounts with no image or a username like User1234455? Also, do you see patterns in the images such as images provocative in nature? These are likely spam accounts. You can help us detect these fake accounts quicker by blocking and reporting them.

Our team is working hard to make the actions of spam accounts revert immediately to decrease the misconception of stuck followers.

Thank you for your reading. We will continue to monitor this issue closely.

-Mathis and Gina

Not problem if the number stays the same.problem is dropping.from 32.6k to 31.4k and still dropping
Please do something to fix my profile.
Day by day, i see in my soundcloud, people follow meme, but the number dont increase, i dont know why, hope u can fix that problem.
Hello, why I lose all my subscribers 1 or 2 per night, while I have listening and people who appreciate my music, I encounter a lot of problems, no messages from subscribers during their new publications, I am very disappointed of your services ... really not serious
I'm experiencing a drop on followers. With every new follower I get, a few go away, every single time. I know as a fact these followers dropping are not people 'unfollowing'. I know this because I have two SC accounts, one for my uploads and a secret one to favorite all my music. The secret one always follows the main one, and suddenly it stopped following my main page, and I never unfollowed it. It is Soundcloud dropping my followers! May I know why and how to stop this?
Hallo,

I would like to tell you about a problem that is occuring concerning my followers, i always receive new followers on my soundcloud and instead of increasing they are decreasing.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Emil Rihan.
Yesterday at night I was having 7112 followers but when I woke up I am having 6984.
I have been experiencing this problem since a month.I experience sudden followers drop in my number of followers.Last night I was having 7065 followers but when I woke up I was having 6950 followers.I have read articles regarding the same and I am dead sure that this is not a case of mass unfollowing.The accounts deleted are not spam.This thing has happened earlier many times but now I am fed up.Please resolve this problem ASAP for the well-being of this community.My friends buy followers but they did not lose even 1 follower.Why is this happening with people like me? Please find another way to eliminate such accounts and STOP! Decreasing my followers everyday.If the present trend continues I am sure that SoundCloud will not survive and it's competitors will take over.

My soundcloud---

@amanedm
Every day for the past 3 months (since i released my album) i gain about 9 followers per day. About a week ago i hit 925 followers. Since hitting 925 followers a week ago, i have recieved roughly 100 new followers. The number should be over 1000 followers by now but its still stuck at 925!!! Every morning no matter how many new followers i gained the day before, the number ALWAYS resets to exactly 925! Wtf is going on with your website?? And dont try to tell me that they are fake accounts following me because i look into every single account that follows me, and they are all authentic. This is ultimately keeping my music from growing the way it should be
FIX THIS ASAP! I am a soundcloud pro member..... Treat me like one!

-JAX
From many months my followers count down are stopped .......So how can I resolve that problem ...
I have only 20 followers from many months ...But my friends and others people are following me but .....My followers number are not increasing ...
Plz someone help me ....Plz
When i first creaeted my soundcloud account I gained a lot of followers and got quite a few plays. However after a while my followers count capped at about 1400. Since then, my followers decreased even though I gained new followers everyday. I rarely upload to soundcloud because of this.
EVERYTIME I LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT OR EVEN REFRESH THE PAGE I EITHER LOSE A FOLLOWER/S OR GAIN A FOLLOWER/S. I WAS ON 298 FOLLOWERS LAST NIGHT AND OVER NIGHT IVE GAINED FOLLOWERS BUT IVE LOGGED ON AND NOT GAINED ANY.
THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR SINCE AROUND 200 FOLLOWERS BUT YOU REALLY START TO NOTICE WHEN YOU GET TO A MILESTONE ETC 300...
Hi there,
Hi same problem here, stuck to 1255 for months... Don't think it has anything to do follow/unfollow balance, otherwise, it wouldn't be that precisely stuck...

Thanks for posting on the help forum. I've just checked with our engineers to make sure the followers are properly counted for your account. We've triggered for them to be recalculated, so please give this process 24hours.

Apart from that, please see the original post on this conversation for more info on why it might seem as if your followers aren't growing.

All the best
Mathis
its been like 6 months already that my followers are going down for no reason becouse people are not unfollowing me and ive uploaded a lot of track and a lot of people follow me but i dont see the results!! whats going on!:@
its been like 6 months already that my followers are going down for no reason becouse people are not unfollowing me and ive uploaded a lot of track and a lot of people follow me but i dont see the results!! whats going on!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the help forum. I've just checked with our engineers to make sure the followers are properly counted for your account. We've triggered for them to be recalculated, so please give this process 24hours.

Apart from that, please see the original post on this conversation for more info on why it might seem as if your followers aren't growing.

All the best
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Anytime I gain followers, I lose that same amount and always go back to right aro....

Anytime I gain followers, I lose that same amount and always go back to right around 389. I had 394 yesterday after a new release now I have 389 again 😞
So what happened with the following situation? We've been lied to for months and months. Most people are already bailing out on Soundcloud at this point so let's come clean with it. Did you build up enough Capital to make SoundCloud attractive on the market? What is your website hacked? Did you intentionally sell as much premium subscriptions as possible, sucking people into year long contract agreements, only to completely bail out on tech support or investing any of your own Capital into creating an accurate statistics system? I am honestly disgusted and I'm also Street Smart enough to know when I'm being screwed.

Then you guys eliminated the feature of groups! You've intentionally designed your website and your app to filter out non-commercial unsigned artists... the very core of SoundCloud existence has been slapped in the face by corporate greed. Absolutely disgusted and pathetic greed.

I believe the concept and development of SC came with good intentions and was innovative and exploratory .. I'm not understanding the sudden change in a functioning system.. If this is a money issue .. there are many ways to shore up the breach in the dam.. for example.. even a a $2.00 one month premium trial would entice enough people back .. ( or in) in just one business quarter. With this medium.. why do I only see advertising only within the confines of the SC app ( pretty much a shot in the foot) take this to heart.. you will benefit much for such a small implementation..
Userlevel 5
So what happened with the following situation? We've been lied to for months and months. Most people are already bailing out on Soundcloud at this point so let's come clean with it. Did you build up enough Capital to make SoundCloud attractive on the market? What is your website hacked? Did you intentionally sell as much premium subscriptions as possible, sucking people into year long contract agreements, only to completely bail out on tech support or investing any of your own Capital into creating an accurate statistics system? I am honestly disgusted and I'm also Street Smart enough to know when I'm being screwed.

Then you guys eliminated the feature of groups! You've intentionally designed your website and your app to filter out non-commercial unsigned artists... the very core of SoundCloud existence has been slapped in the face by corporate greed. Absolutely disgusted and pathetic greed.
Userlevel 1
They're twats. Gave up and cancelled paid subscription a while ago. Utterly rubbish.