News from SoundCloud. We’ve built an app that seamlessly fits into your gaming experience and with access to millions of songs, you’ll never miss a beat. Xbox One users can download the app from the Xbox App Store and easily begin creating soundtracks that will get you in the zone and level up your gaming.
Whether you’re a SoundCloud Free, SoundCloud Go, or SoundCloud Go+ user, you’ll be able to listen to your favourite tracks, playlists and our brand new feature, The Upload, while you game. And you can control playback with the sound of your voice using Cortana to play and skip tracks without leaving the game.
Get your game face on and download it now from the Xbox App Store
The Xbox One app offers many of the traditional features of Collection, Discovery, and Search. We are excited to add more features as we go forward. Currently, the app's features include:
- Collection: Liked tracks, playlists, albums, and quick access to content through recently played
- Discover: Stream, Charts, and our brand new feature, The Upload
- Search: Access to the ever improving search functionality with top results
- Sign in: A seamless activation mechanism for Xbox by signing in on another device.
- Cortana: Users can also utilize Xbox’s live assistant, Cortana, to activate voice control in the background of the game to easily skip or play tracks.
To pair your SoundCloud account :
- Open the SoundCloud app on Xbox. You will see a code to enter on your mobile device.
- Open your mobile browser on your device and head to soundcloud.com/activate.
- On iOS: Open the link directly in the app. You will need to have the latest version of the SoundCloud app downloaded on your mobile device and already be signed in to your SoundCloud account to pair your account on Xbox- you can then enter the code displayed on your Xbox screen
- On Android: open the link in your mobile browser. Make sure you're already signed into your SoundCloud account: you will be prompted to a page to enter your code
This app is available in all territories, but Go+ subscribers will have access to the full catalogue only where Go/Go+ plans are available for purchase. Free users will not be able to upgrade through the app right now, but can use the app without a Go subscription. We will not have any offline listening functionality for the time being.