How does our Search feature work?

Show first post

49 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant find my page!.

Hi

I am having trouble finding my own account. I have a premium
account and also noticeable amount of plays and followers. I have had my
account for a while now and was hoping it was easier to find. I see
that other profiles come up on the search first and have less plays,
followers, etc which makes it hard to understand how it works.

www.soundcloud.com/dropsofficial

Drops
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account.

Hello. My name is Stas aka Sistal. This is my profile (https://soundcloud.com/djsistal) why my name does not appear in the search box when this is need? but displays a different account, created by someone. All the best.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why doesn't my artist page populate near the top in the seach tab if I have more ....

Why doesn't my artist page populate near the top in the seach tab if I have more "hits" on my page than the ones that do? Trxth is the name of the page.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't find my self when i type my artist name in the search bar.

I'm a artist with 1070 followers, when i search my name i see people with almost no followers or content. So it doesn't show my artist page when im searching for it, it only shows some tracks that I've released and a bunch of random people. This is quite annoying as you can imagine. Is there a way that my name pops up when people search me?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why won't my songs come up in the search results for my own name ?!.

I do not wish to put my artist name in my song titles as it is aleady shown from my accout, but I am forced to for the sake of search results.

example: "COLBY CRUMP - SACK IN HAND" when I would much rather have "SACK IN HAND"

when my name is in the title it will come up at the top of my search results while if it is not, the song will come up at the very BOTTOM. there are songs with much less plays than mine that will come up before my own songs. is there any way I can adjust these results by placing my name in the description? putting my name as the genre? or do I simply need to get my plays up?
Steve Banning wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't find my self when i type my artist name in the search bar.

I'm a artist with 1070 followers, when i search my name i see people with almost no followers or content. So it doesn't show my artist page when im searching for it, it only shows some tracks that I've released and a bunch of random people. This is quite annoying as you can imagine. Is there a way that my name pops up when people search me?

Yeah I know so many ppl with the same issue. It's crazy
COLBY CRUMP wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why won't my songs come up in the search results for my own name ?!.

I do not wish to put my artist name in my song titles as it is aleady shown from my accout, but I am forced to for the sake of search results.

example: "COLBY CRUMP - SACK IN HAND" when I would much rather have "SACK IN HAND"

when my name is in the title it will come up at the top of my search results while if it is not, the song will come up at the very BOTTOM. there are songs with much less plays than mine that will come up before my own songs. is there any way I can adjust these results by placing my name in the description? putting my name as the genre? or do I simply need to get my plays up?

i think putting the name in the song titles might help. I'm conducting an experiment to see if it works. It also has a lot to do with how many ppl are liking and reposting your song. The disco rank algorithm is similar to googles Page rank. So it supposedly depends on the "weight" of the ppl liking and reposting your tracks. It helps if someone with a lot of followers likes and reposts your track. It shoots it up to the top of the search and even plays the song after more popular tracks.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recently when searching for my profile on another persons phone, I came across an....

When I searched for my (MotorHome Music) profile on anther users phone in order to point them to mine, I found anther (newer) Motorhome Music profile pop up as the default search.. I've had my (paid) account for 7 years while this one is pretty new.. How do I have the other removed or have mine pop up as the default in searches?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Meevalex wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant find my profile in the search bar.

Hello out there!
I have a problem with my account.
I can't find my self when I try to search for Meevalex I dont show up :((Are there any logical reason for this or am I bugged?

Hi there,

I can find your profile just fine actually.

Please see above to learn more about how our search currently works.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant find my profile in the search bar.

Hello out there!
I have a problem with my account.
I can't find my self when I try to search for Meevalex I dont show up :((Are there any logical reason for this or am I bugged?
So I still don't have a reasonable answer why, I MotorHome Music as a paying customer for nearly 8 years, don't show up as the first search result when a Motorhome Music, which is a new and unpaid account with very few followers shows up on the top of the list. Needless to say, I am a bit annoyed.. I've messaged the other "Motorhome Music" to ask them to change their info but the account is pretty much inactive while I post music almost weekly' The search results on the Mobile app are even worse.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled People can't find me with the searchbar on Soundcloud..

Good afternoon, I couldn't find an e-mail address to ask for help so I just do it like this and hope you can help me. I absolutely love soundcloud, it helped me with getting recognized over the years. At this moment my account is growing more than ever. But there's one problem, people can't find me in the searching bar.

If I search "HAT-R" on the SC searching bar a lot of people with "hat" in there name with only 2 or 3 followers show up. But I can't find my account while I have over 600 followers, around 30 tracks and over 10.000 plays. This is a huge disadvantage for me because a lot of people try to search my name after a gig but can't find me.

Can you please help me with this problem. It would be so much better.

Gino Beijleveldt

Ps. I don't want to change my artist name.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I send my Profile back to the top?.

My profile was at the beginning of the list of artists & tracks when you search the name Ubbah, and right now all my tracks appear before my profile
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when seacrching "crysp" on soundcloud my account doesnt come up in the top 10 res....

so to explain,

the problem began today when i searched up "crysp" on the soundcloud search and unlike today my profile would come up first and then my biggest tracks following. Today much smaller non-producer accounts show up in the top results, ranging from 5-20 followers, greatly smaller than my current 700. If you can explain why this is happening and fix this it would be much appreciated as i might not be the only one getting this problem. This can be frustrating as many have put a lot of effort into gaining there following yet greatly smaller accounts are getting pushed tothe top of the results 😕

thankyou ❤
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey I want to get verified please because Im the Carl Edward with the most follow....

verification
This does not help me at all.. You say the search engine filters it by popularity, but a lot of inactive users are above me on the list when I search for "HAT-R". The problem is that the search engine doesn't recognize the "-" between HAT and R. Can you please get this fixed? 🙂
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Track disappeared from search results.

For the entire summer my track has been the first track that came up if you searched 2016 dancehall mix or dancehall mix 2016. I didn't have the most plays but my track was in the top 5 in terms of plays and likes and reposts, but I had more comments than the others. The other day my track just disappeared from the search results. It's still on my profile and I still get likes and plays, but not as much. I was getting round 4k per day (from searches most likely) and not it has dropped to around 1500. It's not as if some other tracks became more popular than mine and pushed mine down a few spots or even 20 spots. My track simply is no longer in the search results. At all, and I scrolled down pretty much 20 pages, and passed many tracks that were just posted or have less than 1k total plays and a little bit of likes. My track has now 230k total plays and thousands of likes as well as reposts and comments. My track was in the soundcloud dancehall charts for about a week before this happened and peaked at 30 I believe. Other tracks that were in the search results before are still there but mine has vanished without a trace. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this or if there is anything I can do to get my tack back in the search results?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I Don't Show Up When Searched.

If you search "Kato," my account doesn't show up, not even if you scroll way way down. The only way I can find my account is by searching my url, "katoboy." Could I possibly be moved up the query? I'm more active than all other accounts with my name and I'm more popular than most of them. Why am I still non-existent?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My name dosen't show up at all when it's searched by other users. Please fix this....

I've been getting a great amount of attention for my music but when people go to look me up, my account doesn't show up at all. This is a huge issue that i desperately need fixed.

thank you
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when people search for my account/profile it dosnt show up, i want people to be a....

My profile dosnt show up when searched for, It limits the experience and the possibility to share my taste in music. Ex: when people want to find my profile and search And-R in the search typo at the top of the page, nothing comes, only other names, not even close to my profile name..
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't easily locate my profile in the search engine.

I'm having issues with locating my profile in the search engine on SoundCloud. I followed the instructions on the help forum so that users can search for my name easily, but it's still not working.

My display name is: Andrea An
My profile URL is: andreaan My name should be the first username that shows up in the search engine, but it's not. I don't even appear on the "Everything" tab, however, I show up on the "People" tab, but I'm #91 on the list.

If I type in "andreaan" in the search engine, then my username is the first one to show up. However, my artist/display/real name is Andrea An, and I want it to be easier for people to search for me on SoundCloud by searching, "Andrea An" in the search engine. I'm assuming that I can't be located easily because my last name is so short? But regardless, I would appreciate it if this issue could be resolved. I don't want this to be a matter of having a popular account to improve my algorithm - I know some SoundCloud users who aren't remotely popular and yet their username is the first one to show up on the "Everything" list.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

http://www.soundcloud.com/andreaan
Hi guys! Your service is great, using it on mobile and desctop for a long time.
I have only one question - what problems with your search?

Realy, practicaly everytime searching on soundcloud is annoying.
For example I am serching for "amsterdam dance event 2016" in playlists and it shows "amsterdam dance event 2013" 3 year old playlist as 2nd result! But there are a lot of more results thar match better. For example on 4th position. And there are no searching settings - ordering or advanced filters like date.

As i see there are a lot of users who's facing search problems. So do u plan to improve search feature at Soundcloud?
Realy, searching is one of the key feature for me - i like to listen fresh music, but your search shows me very old results, which i have saw for many times.
It is annoying that the search option only seems to be showing up the popular tracks. It's another nail to the Soundcloud coffin.
I see a lot of people in this thread complaining about their most popular tracks drowning out their less popular ones, but whenever I search for my profile on Soundcloud, it seems that the top search results are always very old, obscure tracks of mine with very few plays. I have no idea why this is happening, as I have tracks with 6 or 7 times the number of plays that are buried 50 results down.