How does our Search feature work?

• 6 January 2016
  • 51 replies

Show first post

51 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My profile doesn't come up when followers search my name....

I've had several followers try to find my profile by searching my name in the search bar and it doesn't come up in the results; they've instead resorted to searching my song titles and this has worked. Any ideas? Being un-searchable isn't good news 😕
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled search engine hard to find everything.

Hi,

Why is the souncloud search engine so hard to work with?
For example: looking for an hashtag it will display by most popular. What does it matter if is the most popular? I want to hear the newest ones or the ones with more reposts...
also written on search field will not display what im looking for, most of the times...
any tip?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I find music on this website?.

I'm sure that I'm missing something because it seems like my only options for finding music to listen to is: the top 50 of a genre, the most recently uploaded in a genre, and tracks with _X word in their name. For instance searching "rock" only brings up artists & songs with the word rock in their name. Surely there must be a better way to discover music than that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I find music on this website?.

I'm sure that I'm missing something because it seems like my only options for finding music to listen to is: the top 50 of a genre, the most recently uploaded in a genre, and tracks with _X word in their name. For instance searching "rock" only brings up artists & songs with the word rock in their name. Surely there must be a better way to discover music than that?

Hi there,

Please see the original post to learn more about our search engine. I've also forwarded your feedback / query to the relevant product team for reference.

Best
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can you make it so you can search your own profile? instead of all of soundcloud,....

Could you make it so you can search your soundcloud profile instead of all of soundcloud
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My name doesn't appear at all when I put my name in the search engine.

My name doesn't appear at all when I put my name in the search engine
It is annoying that the search option only seems to be showing up the popular tracks. It's another nail to the Soundcloud coffin.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Search results.

I pay for "soundcloud pro", i have more followers than every person with the same name, and I still come up like 8th in the search results. I don't really understand why since I'm soundcloud pro and I have more followers than everyone with the same name. This is actually quite ridiculous. Please fix immediately
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not finding my own account when searching for it on soundcloud.

Hi all,
I have two accounts on Soundcloud and both not finding when I search for them on souncloud.
What's wrong? Please help me with this.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my artist name does not show up in the search bar, but other names who are simila....

my artist profil does not show up in the search bar, but other artist with similar names are shown, whats going on?

type in "Martin Lewis" in the search bar and I am not shown, althougho I have 5 vinyl releases and so on. my soundcloudurl is soundcloud.com/martinlewis

what am I doing wrong
see screenshot

please help and make the search engine right!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled People can't find me with the searchbar on Soundcloud..

Good afternoon, I couldn't find an e-mail address to ask for help so I just do it like this and hope you can help me. I absolutely love soundcloud, it helped me with getting recognized over the years. At this moment my account is growing more than ever. But there's one problem, people can't find me in the searching bar.

If I search "HAT-R" on the SC searching bar a lot of people with "hat" in there name with only 2 or 3 followers show up. But I can't find my account while I have over 600 followers, around 30 tracks and over 10.000 plays. This is a huge disadvantage for me because a lot of people try to search my name after a gig but can't find me.

Can you please help me with this problem. It would be so much better.

Gino Beijleveldt

Ps. I don't want to change my artist name.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I send my Profile back to the top?.

My profile was at the beginning of the list of artists & tracks when you search the name Ubbah, and right now all my tracks appear before my profile
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when seacrching "crysp" on soundcloud my account doesnt come up in the top 10 res....

so to explain,

the problem began today when i searched up "crysp" on the soundcloud search and unlike today my profile would come up first and then my biggest tracks following. Today much smaller non-producer accounts show up in the top results, ranging from 5-20 followers, greatly smaller than my current 700. If you can explain why this is happening and fix this it would be much appreciated as i might not be the only one getting this problem. This can be frustrating as many have put a lot of effort into gaining there following yet greatly smaller accounts are getting pushed tothe top of the results :/

thankyou ❤
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey I want to get verified please because Im the Carl Edward with the most follow....

verification
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Search SNOWBUNNY & nothing related to me comes up. If you search SNOWBUNNY plus t....

My band name is SNOWBUNNY & I have recently posted 11 songs with a free acct. If you search SNOWBUNNY nothing related to me comes up. If you search SNOWBUNNY plus the song titles it does. What is the problem?
This does not help me at all.. You say the search engine filters it by popularity, but a lot of inactive users are above me on the list when I search for "HAT-R". The problem is that the search engine doesn't recognize the "-" between HAT and R. Can you please get this fixed? 🙂
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PRO User - profile search (My profile at the bottom of searches????).

Hi,

I have been a PRO user for a few years now.

I have posted around 80 original tracks and have nearly 1000 people following me. my problem is when someone (or myself even) searches my name it is located almost at the bottom of the search page (with multiple people on free accounts prioritized ahead of me)

I know it might seem strange but I thought the fact I have to PAY Soundcloud money every month to upload MY music they they would actually look after me and make it easier for people to find me (not harder) feeling very frustrated and are just about ready to pull my account completely.

Regards

TBÜ_N
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My profile doesn't appear properly in soundcloud search.

When someone searches my username "Dersu" my profile doesn't come up at all in the list of matches. Only when you type "Dersu Rhodes" does it come up. I would really appreciate it if searching "Dersu" pulled up my profile, as I do feel my profile is relevant to be part of the results. Thanks so much!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why won't my songs come up in the search results for my own name ?!.

I do not wish to put my artist name in my song titles as it is aleady shown from my accout, but I am forced to for the sake of search results.

example: "COLBY CRUMP - SACK IN HAND" when I would much rather have "SACK IN HAND"

when my name is in the title it will come up at the top of my search results while if it is not, the song will come up at the very BOTTOM. there are songs with much less plays than mine that will come up before my own songs. is there any way I can adjust these results by placing my name in the description? putting my name as the genre? or do I simply need to get my plays up?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't find my self when i type my artist name in the search bar.

I'm a artist with 1070 followers, when i search my name i see people with almost no followers or content. So it doesn't show my artist page when im searching for it, it only shows some tracks that I've released and a bunch of random people. This is quite annoying as you can imagine. Is there a way that my name pops up when people search me?

Yeah I know so many ppl with the same issue. It's crazy
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why won't my songs come up in the search results for my own name ?!.

I do not wish to put my artist name in my song titles as it is aleady shown from my accout, but I am forced to for the sake of search results.

example: "COLBY CRUMP - SACK IN HAND" when I would much rather have "SACK IN HAND"

when my name is in the title it will come up at the top of my search results while if it is not, the song will come up at the very BOTTOM. there are songs with much less plays than mine that will come up before my own songs. is there any way I can adjust these results by placing my name in the description? putting my name as the genre? or do I simply need to get my plays up?

i think putting the name in the song titles might help. I'm conducting an experiment to see if it works. It also has a lot to do with how many ppl are liking and reposting your song. The disco rank algorithm is similar to googles Page rank. So it supposedly depends on the "weight" of the ppl liking and reposting your tracks. It helps if someone with a lot of followers likes and reposts your track. It shoots it up to the top of the search and even plays the song after more popular tracks.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My SoundCloud account doesn't appear when i right my name on sound cloud searchin....

My SoundCloud account doesn't appear when i right my name on sound cloud searching spotlight. What is wrong?

My url is https://soundcloud.com/igor-c-silva-1 .

Thanks,

Igor
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cant find my page!.

Hi

I am having trouble finding my own account. I have a premium
account and also noticeable amount of plays and followers. I have had my
account for a while now and was hoping it was easier to find. I see
that other profiles come up on the search first and have less plays,
followers, etc which makes it hard to understand how it works.

www.soundcloud.com/dropsofficial

Drops
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when i search for my podcast it does not come up in your search engine even thoug....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account.

Hello. My name is Stas aka Sistal. This is my profile (https://soundcloud.com/djsistal) why my name does not appear in the search box when this is need? but displays a different account, created by someone. All the best.