Blog

SoundCloud's New Playlists Make it Easier Than Ever to Discover What’s Next in Music

• 28 March 2019
  • 4 replies
SoundCloud's New Playlists Make it Easier Than Ever to Discover What’s Next in Music
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

SoundCloud is home to the largest, most diverse music catalog on the planet with more than 200 million tracks from over 20 million creators.

While many of you love the thrill of sifting through SoundCloud to find your next favorite track, we’re always looking to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for, fast. After all, we know even tastemakers need a break sometimes.

Beginning today, alongside personalized weekly recommendations from “SoundCloud Weekly” and playlists like “Fresh Pressed,” we’re adding even more handcrafted playlists, curated by some of the leading names in music.

Read more about Curated Playlists on the SoundCloud Blog

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Can we follow them so they appear in our feed/"stream" when they're updated, or do we only see them by going to the Home page?
So sad.... That soundcloud took away the community playlists, that was the one thing we loved about its platform. Now it looks and feels like spotify after the update 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Can we follow them so they appear in our feed/"stream" when they're updated, or do we only see them by going to the Home page?

Hi Jagasounds,

Thanks for your interest. The curated playlists will be updated on a regular basis, and the "Home" page will be the easiest way to see the updates. You can also "like" the playlists so they show on your likes page as well.

Hope this helps.
Ok I'm understand the curated playlist thing; however, I don't understand not even being able to listen to the new and hot charts unless I'm on a desktop. I spent most of my time "crate digging" if you will and not much of the content I get is stuff I even listen to now. Take for example that half of my home page is now rap, hip-hop, trap which I hardly ever listen to on Soundcloud. Again I understand getting names out there. Pushing paid for content, whatever it is. But I now have even less options then what I had before, I'd go through edm, dubstep, dance, house, trance, techno, dnb, and deep house. I guess I thought soundcloud was finding all those underground artists, remixes, bootlegs, flips,full sets, tracks an artist hadn't released anywhere else. I don't know what you're about anymore. I've been hoping for a new update for the new and hot section to branch out, maybe get a psytrance, bass music, bass house, split riddim and dubstep. Since I want this to be contructive, perhaps you could look into customizing the page a little. Have required sections, but also add some of your own. Anyway just my two cents as someone who loves music and loves soundcloud and spent hours on soundcloud everyweek, but now don't know what to do with it.