Question

About 100 spam accounts have followed me overnight

• 13 September 2015
  • 4 replies

I woke up to find what I am pretty sure is about 100 spam accounts following me. They all liked and reposted one of my songs then followed. I would try and block them all but more just keep on following me. Is there any way these accounts can be deleted quickly? Their names all start with "b" and they are each following 50 people so I can't imagine them being too hard to notice.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Batmark,

Thanks for letting us know and I sincerely apologise for this. I've given your details to our Trust and Safety team. If they can find the commonality amongst the profiles then the profiles will be batched deleted all at once and you wont have to worry about deleting them one by one.

Hopefully we can take care of this for you!
Gina
Any progress on this? I've just started uploading a load of stuff and every time I do I get followed by a blatantly spammy account (the names are all SOMETHINGx THINGx where x is a number, and their profile picture is promoting a "buy listens" service), and it's tedious having to block them all -- it's been a while since I used Soundcloud but I don't remember this ever being a problem before.
Any progress on this? I've just started uploading a load of stuff and every time I do I get followed by a blatantly spammy account (the names are all SOMETHINGx THINGx where x is a number, and their profile picture is promoting a "buy listens" service), and it's tedious having to block them all -- it's been a while since I used Soundcloud but I don't remember this ever being a problem before.
There's no progress dude, now when you try to block them, delete their fake likes and comments, and report them for spam, nothing happens, except if they follow you, their follow will be gone. SoundCloud has done nothing yet and i'm fuc*ing tired.
https://soundcloud.com/user-488158752
user-488158752-Numerical id-s tell you something?