Solved

As so many reported allready stats not working - but are any staff reading this forum?

Userlevel 1
As so many already say stats is not updating.
But cant find any information about this problem.
For me the stats is standing still even thou i know tracks are being played.
Since they are posten on several groups and i get feedback about the tracks.
And since one of them are on top 50 most played i know that track are getting plays.

I have also ofc tried with different computer and played tracks not being logged in but no plays.

Is any staff member reading this forum or is it just a "dummy" for us to write in ;)
Is there a ongoing work to solve this?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 April 2019, 12:10

Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 1
I don't know if they read it but I've contacted them via email/sending ticket twice since yesterday and not even an automatic reply saying they received it. You can try emailing from here, it might help if many people contact them: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Userlevel 1
I don't know if they read it but I've contacted them via email/sending ticket twice since yesterday and not even an automatic reply saying they received it. You can try emailing from here, it might help if many people contact them: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well i guess they are overwhelmed by mail.
I know how it can be i work with support so i know there can be really much to handle when something breaks.
But that is really bad not to have at least a autoreply so ppl know the mail got thru.
And also at least put a message on the forums and other places that the problem is known and they working to solve it.
Specially for a payed service.
Userlevel 1
Exactly. It is understandable there may be glitches/bugs but they have twitter, FB, member emails and this forum to let people know what is going on or how long it is going to take. I am angry because I paid for FB promo yesterday for a preview I uploaded for an upcoming release, so I can't delete the track as now the ad is getting responses. If I knew about this, I wouldn't have posted it yesterday or I would have deleted it immediately. It is ridiculous for a paid service, especially when I pay for 2 accounts. This is not the first time but the communication has never been this bad.
Userlevel 1
Exactly. It is understandable there may be glitches/bugs but they have twitter, FB, member emails and this forum to let people know what is going on or how long it is going to take. I am angry because I paid for FB promo yesterday for a preview I uploaded for an upcoming release, so I can't delete the track as now the ad is getting responses. If I knew about this, I wouldn't have posted it yesterday or I would have deleted it immediately. It is ridiculous for a paid service, especially when I pay for 2 accounts. This is not the first time but the communication has never been this bad.

Well this is not uncommon when companies grow bigger that the contact with there customers gets "bad".
First of all they know ppl will stay with there services since they are big or even biggest.
And they also are "afraid" of showing up when they have problem.
they believe that will be negative PR but thats is a misstake since customers mostly accepts problems honest is more important.

But well i cant say if this goes for SC because this is first time need to contact in any way 🙂
I'm relatively new to SC (joined a little over 3 months ago).
I've been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Hope this is not a regular occurrence.
Very disappointing to see how poorly they seem to be addressing the issue.
I had a promo running yesterday as well.

I found several reports on this community about the issue, but no response or acknowledgment from SC.

I see also that there is a SoundCloud status blog (http://status.soundcloud.com/) where they have posted status updates in the past, but there is no indication that they are doing anything to address the current issue.
Userlevel 1
I'm relatively new to SC (joined a little over 3 months ago).
I've been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Hope this is not a regular occurrence.
Very disappointing to see how poorly they seem to be addressing the issue.
I had a promo running yesterday as well.

I found several reports on this community about the issue, but no response or acknowledgment from SC.

I see also that there is a SoundCloud status blog (http://status.soundcloud.com/) where they have posted status updates in the past, but there is no indication that they are doing anything to address the current issue.

If your hoping it isn't a regular occurrence def don't go read the related topics section this seems to happen periodically and they only offer that it was due to a "site outage". there never seems to be any follow up or answers to "what happens to the lost plays" that iv'e seen........ I guess we just take it on the knee. 😐
Userlevel 1
So..
Still no info and the so called status blogg is outdated.
Still not solved.
I made two tweets no answer.

And SCsupport on twitter sends standard message telling ppl to make a ticket.
But thats a big joke since there is no subject you can use for error on the site.

I dont often loose my temper but now it is close.
It is a big shame to se that SC is yet another company that dont care about there users/customers.
But they sure do care about our money ;)

For us artist there is a struggle as it is.
And stats is a big part of the SC concept.
Ignoring this problem and not publish anything about it just show that they are yet another company who are so dumb they belive being honest when having problems is bad PR.
When it is oposite.

I guess they dont gonna answer anything, not gonna mention it just solve (when we never know) then they gonna sweep it under the rug.

SHAME!
Userlevel 1
yeah, I've given up looking for an answer too.

I unsubscribed from all the threads since its duplicate spam and people looking for a target now.
might as well be productive and use the time to work the other platforms.
Userlevel 1
Hey just saw this from 9m ago on twitter

"Soundcloud telling someone they know about the problem"
Hey just saw this from 9m ago on twitter

"Soundcloud telling someone they know about the problem"

Yes, they just answered this tweet I made 2 days ago, at least it's reassuring to see that we begin to have answers
Userlevel 1

Yes, they just answered this tweet I made 2 days ago, at least it's reassuring to see that we begin to have answers

lol, yea a limp in the right direction.
Userlevel 1
finally working
But i still think the information and replies about this has been a joke.
But glad the fixed it now the plays flowing in
plays are still frozen for me. Really hoping they are able to retroactively count the ones they haven’t. My track is at 103 and should be closer to 150,200, or even more by now. Hell I’ve played it myself over twenty times from friends PCs trying to see if it’d work. Still no added plays.

EDIT: actually plays seem to be being counted now but none retroactively added which is EXTREMELY frustrating and imo the issue is far from fixed unless they do that. How many plays could all these users be missing at this point? Literally tens of thousands likely. Come on SoundCloud. This is ridiculous.
Userlevel 1
yea, I included my concern was more directed at what will become of the missing plays in my email response. But I doubt they will take this any further than "sorry sever error it's all working again, tee hee." lol
Userlevel 1
This happened before and missing plays didn't come back, hope it works out differently this time. So frustrating that some of us uploaded releases on Friday, did promo for it and missed whole weekend of play counts. Waste of time and money. I will cancel my pro plan for the label account soon and just continue with Bandcamp and keep the artist account only as there is not an as interactive alternative yet.
Userlevel 1
I find it funny the moderator stopped posting the day before the bug happened then magically reappeared after they started sending out an acknowledgment..........
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Apologies about the inconveniences this might have caused. Our engineers let us know that play counts are showing up properly again. Backfilling the play counts from the period when they were not showing might take some time. Thank you for hanging in there.

Closing this topic in order to keep communication in one place. If you have further questions about this, please post here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I find it funny the moderator stopped posting the day before the bug happened then magically reappeared after they started sending out an acknowledgment..........

Hey @Jon Ley,

I just noticed this comment of yours - the Community is moderated Mon-Fri, CEST. Since the issue started Friday evening, indeed, I disappeared for the weekend, and started posting yesterday, after the team was briefed about the details of the issue. I do understand the frustration and where you're coming from - this form of moderation coverage is not ideal in situations like this, my sincere apologies. We'll look into this from a logistic point of view and hope to be able to switch it up for the better in the future.

All the best
Mathis