Question

Best Time to Post- Sunday?

• 25 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi! I'm wondering at what time during the day (EST) is the best time to post/repost tracks (when is user activity the highest on SC)? I got Soundcloud Pro, but the stats are unenlightening.

I heard Sunday at 2pm is best, but I thought conventional wisdom is that social media is dead on weekends! Plus, what about week days? :? Any thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there @DisTuned.,

Looks like no one has had the chance to get back to you here. Hmm, that's an interesting query, and I don't think there's a definitive answer to this. If your stats show that your plays are mainly coming from a specific region or timezone, it might be worth running some tests with every new track you upload - checking the respective time zone, then decide on a time during the day that you think is a good time to post. Apart from that, however, as soon as you upload your track to SoundCloud, it will not only be shown in the Stream of your followers, but it might also get played because it is in another track's recommended tracks list, at which point you cannot really control the tracks "visibility", i.e. when exactly a random user will come across your track.

Given this topic is a bit older - have you done any test runs in the meantime that you could share with the community? It might be interesting to hear what you came up with.