Question

Buying positive feedback

• 2 April 2015
  • 6 replies

Hi..This morning my latest mix had 37 likes according to soundcloud. Tonight after re-posting it has 27 likes. Can Soundcloud please reassure me that it is not in collusion with sites such as "real soundcloud followers" that offer to "buy" likes and persuade me that I would not be better off cancelling my annual subscription and just using Mixcloud which is free. I use sites such as this to gauge opinion and its great to get feedback; it appears when things like this happen that this is just a way to generate more revenue by offering likes and then taking them away in the hope that subscribers will then pay to buy likes which for anyone serious about receiving feedback is totally self defeating. Please advise if you can why people would "unlike" a previously "liked" sound on mass unless it is for material gain? I am confused and would like some answers, having paid for annual subsciption to soundcloud for a number of years; I am starting to feel that positive feedback is something that needs to be paid for and this is not the reason I use soundcloud. By the way this is not the first time this has happened.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies that you are experiencing this on the platform. Here is some more information on how we feel about these fake accounts and promotional services. As you eluded to, these are not bipolar users on SoundCloud with quickly changing tastes. They are indeed bot/fake accounts. Our Trust and Safety team do as much as possible to curve this behaviour and stop them before they get on the site but unfortunately these very persistent accounts change their methodology quite often which makes it hard for us to detect them ahead of time. Reporting these accounts when you see them helps us to predict their behaviour so thank you for helping us out.

Again, we are continuously working on this issue. I am sorry again for the annoyance and inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Gina
what about "onlinemusicpromotion.net" they are using fake accounts to give me some plays, favs etc? because I'm having a similar issue with my stats and I paying for this service
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
what about "onlinemusicpromotion.net" they are using fake accounts to give me some plays, favs etc? because I'm having a similar issue with my stats and I paying for this service
Hi SustranciA,

Thanks for reporting this - your help is much appreciated! I've forwarded this to our Trust & Safety team for review now.
hi guys. just got a mail from someone representing onlinemusicpromotion.net - are they legit or...? thks 🙂
onlinemusicpromotion.net ist absolutely bullshit. It's all fake. I just tested it and payed 19$ for a "newbie package". All comments were written at nearly the same time. All people who wrote comments like the same tracks... It's fraud!!!
thanks fro that Kliff 😉