Question

Can i hide the my likes and follows on the right hand side of my profile?

• 3 January 2015
  • 28 replies

Privacy of mine!

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Thanks for visiting the Help Forum. We do not have a privacy setting that can be applied to your likes or follows however, as a workaround, you could not follow anyone on your profile. In other words, you can create a public account with followings and a "private" account that no one knows about.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Thanks for visiting the Help Forum. We do not have a privacy setting that can be applied to your likes or follows however, as a workaround, you could not follow anyone on your profile. In other words, you can create a public account with followings and a "private" account that no one knows about.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

Yes but if we do that we can't be related in suggestions (when somebody is following) etc because there will not have any activity
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

Hi, is there really no genuine option to hide one's likes and profile? So now I have to delete my account because the privacy is not taken seriously on SoundCloud?
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

Yes it would be great if you guys can please add that option thanks in advance!
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

I too would love this ability
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

Same!! This feature is a must!!
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

It should be possible, at least only the people that follow you cna do it
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

i would like to hide my likes on soundcloud. in an essence its a complation of my setlist and to me its a goldmine. please i think the soundcloud community would love this. at all artist levels. I know rl grime has the ability to not display his track likes. Let me know!!
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

I support this feature. I vitally need it.
I would also like to request this feature, to hide likes. Or at least have two different public / private like folders.
So stupid that you don't add this option. For professionals it's something super important.
Basically I won't save my "liked tracks" anymore and only add them as private bookmarks.
yeah this should be a thing
Would be a great feature! Workaround is to create a private playlist called "Likes" 😉 I know not ideal but bette than nothing.
Is this an option yet? I'm sick and tired of seriously unrelated tracks (my likes) playing after each of my tracks. In general, SoundCloud is more frustration than joy to use since things have been messed with while ignoring VITAL features like stopping auto-play or hiding likes.
This is half work in my eyes. You guy's trying to make Soundcloud look professional but forget a lot of important features. I think if a dj/producer is making his own personal library there should be an option to protect it. Just make it available for go members. There is no harm in that, only gain! Just try and don't be so corporate. Listen to the audience and not the manager, in my eyes rule number one in music.

Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina
Hi, is there really no genuine option to hide one's likes and profile? So now I have to delete my account because the privacy is not taken seriously on SoundCloud?

Best comment here.
It's been 3 years, and still they have done nothing about the privacy of their users. Makes me really angry
Would be a great feature! Workaround is to create a private playlist called "Likes" 😉 I know not ideal but bette than nothing.
LOL
I can't hide my (spam)-followers?? - "Really" (with the attitude of Negan in Walking Dead) Are you kidding? Then please close all the accounts that I block or mark as spam. I did, but that barely dressed follower is still there... so what else can I do but close my account?
I too would like to make my likes private... there's a lot of times when you have to like a song to download it but it's not necessarily a song that's my favorite or maybe it's a guilty pleasure that i don't want showing up on my list because maybe it doesn't represent the music I'm into.... or maybe I hit like cause it belongs to a friend of mine but it's not my favorite and I don't want it on my list...or maybe I thought the track was cool and I wanted to give it props but I never want to hear it again and have it represented on my list of likes.... there's many examples why we would like to be able to hide our likes.... but yeah the main one was I had to like a bunch of songs a couple of years ago to be allowed to download them on facebook connected to soundcloud and also directly from soundcloud... cool songs I needed for a mix at the time but they don't represent my type of music so when people look at my likes it's all random with songs that are not even my main type of music.
Sorry for the long message but yeah we need a privacy option on the likes... otherwise I'll have to unlike a bunch of songs that are cool but I don't want on my profile!
Hi,

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Gina

Can you get this noticed by a supervisor so they can make this change thanks. Have a nice day. 🙂
Well what the hell is SoundCloud waiting for, why don't they just add this simple feature of making likes private??!!
Sometimes artists make you like something before you download it and maybe you don't want those likes showing up on your profile because they might not be what you're normally into, maybe it's a guilty pleasure that you don't feel like sharing, or maybe you're clicking like on friend's music just to be nice but you don't want it on your profile.
For example like 6 years ago I had to click like on a bunch of EDM-Trap songs to be able to download them or to find them later because a friend of mine & I were doing a mixtape... but since then every time I go to my profile I have to see those likes there, meanwhile I don't even listen to those songs or even remember them, I shouldn't have to be a jerk and take away my likes because I don't want them on my profile, I should be able to make my likes private like YouTube.
SoundCloud needs to learn privacy settings from youtube, it's 20 fkn 19 now, come on!!!
I would also like this feature.....
Still waiting for this feature, it's been 3 years
SoundCloud it’s not your fault that you nearly have the biggest data server among the other guys, but the feature of making the liked tracks private would be a substitute of the download feature which is also missing. Don’t be a social website be a music website.
We need this pretty simple feature dude