Question

comments won't show or way later

• 28 December 2014
  • 12 replies

comments I get show in my stats but not on my track, then 20 min later they appear after all ( the count of comments is correct, the comments just don't show) and when I comment on someone else's track you can see my latest comment on my profile page but not on the track I commented on. some heavy delay guys can you fix it?

12 replies

Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. https://akinator.ooo/ A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
Im sorry, but problem stil exists. My comments stay in comments tab in my profile page, but I do not see them under actual tracks
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. I've just tried this from over here and it indeed looks like caching is causing for the comments to not show straight away when you refresh the track page. However, when I looked into my comments page, and also when I looked at the track from a different browser, the comments were showing just fine.

Still not ideal, but at least we know the commenting feature as such works. The fact that the comment doesn't show straight away is thus rooted in caching on our end. This is actually a known issue that our developers are looking into. It is a bug that turned out to be much more difficult to fix then initially, but rest assured this is being looked into.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis

Indeed, I am still experiencing this issue on Safari 11.0.2 on macOS High Sierra. Comments initially show after posting, but disappear once the page is reloaded. When the page is loaded in a private tab, however, they once again appear. A fix would be much appreciated. 👍🏻
+01
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. I've just tried this from over here and it indeed looks like caching is causing for the comments to not show straight away when you refresh the track page. However, when I looked into my comments page, and also when I looked at the track from a different browser, the comments were showing just fine.

Still not ideal, but at least we know the commenting feature as such works. The fact that the comment doesn't show straight away is thus rooted in caching on our end. This is actually a known issue that our developers are looking into. It is a bug that turned out to be much more difficult to fix then initially, but rest assured this is being looked into.

Cheers,
Mathis

Have the same problem..... That solution isn't really work for me 😕
im having this same issue, i received a notification that i have multiple comments and im not able to see any of them
Yeah, I can't see any of the comments I'm getting. Irritating!
im having this same issue, i received a notification that i have multiple comments and im not able to see any of them
It's still not working. Big delays in the comments. 10 months and not fixed yet? Hope you can do something
I have sorta the same issue here too. Just signed up for a pro account and I noticed the comments I just made on my track, will not show up. I went in and made sure the comments were not set as disabled. What the heck is going on. I think I might just cancel my subscription if I can't get this to work.
Hi Mathis... I cant see my comments anywhere... I made comments on one of my own recordings but they don-t show as I play the recording.. they only show when i add /comments to the URL link but that is not what I want... I want to see them as I play the audio
Sometimes they appear.... but most of the time they don-t so I dont know whats going on... I wanted to upgrade at some point but with this issue I am not sure now
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi JGarcia11b,

Hmm, there's a possibility the comments were removed by the user who commented in the first place. Or, worst case - the users were fake users and got removed from SoundCloud in the meantime. Just 2 possibilities how the comments might have disappeared.

Our Trust & Safety team might be able to look into further details about this, so sending them an email with details of the comments, the user who commented, and the track that was commented might make sense in your case. (and, possibly a screenshot of the notification you received).

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers,
Mathis