Question

Distorted sound?

Ok so every time i play a song it will sound good but as soon as i lock my phone (htc mini) it will make a static/ distorted noise how do i fix this?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Track link please?

-Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Dylan,

Hmm, interesting case right there - haven't heard of this being an issue for other users. I'd recommend to start with basic troubleshooting:

1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
4. Restart your device
5. Open the app and log in again

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't, you might also want to try and see if our Android beta version is working better for you. You can join our public beta program here.

Cheers
Mathis
Track link please?

-Gina

Its like this on all music i play
Hi Dylan,

Hmm, interesting case right there - haven't heard of this being an issue for other users. I'd recommend to start with basic troubleshooting:

1. Log out of the app
2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
4. Restart your device

*If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app and re-installing it again from the Google Play store.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't, you might also want to try and see if our Android beta version is working better for you. You can join our public beta program here.

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks but this did not work
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dylan,

1. Log out of the app
4. Restart your device

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Dylan,

I can't reproduce the error nor am I seeing similar reports. I have to assume this is device specific. Can you take a listen to some tracks on a friend's phone? Also, are any of your other audio apps behaving similarly?

Thanks,
Gina
https://soundcloud.com/user-764325145/bezel-pla-x-feeva My song sound is very static like please help
i had the same problem, i logged out of my soundcloud and it fixed. im on iPhone 7 btw
I'm having the same issue as well. This only happens when I play any music from SoundCloud with my iPhone speakers. No other apps (music or not) are doing this. It's been happening for a few days now. I tried updating the app. I then deleted and reinstalled. I restarted my iPhone as well. I thought it might be my speakers, but like I said, it only happens with any SoundCloud tracks. Any help would be appreciated (: also, I have an iPhone 7, pretty new and no damage that I know of.
I have this same problem. Also on iphone7 via speakers. It sounds like interference like Blackberry used to cause when it would sync email near a speaker phone. Lots of clicks but continuously through any song... only on SoundCloud.
Think I solved it:
Free up a bunch of memory on the phone. Delete pictures etc have a lot of temp space in memory. 2GB+. This helped on iPhone 7 as I was low on memory space. Now no static
i had the same problem, i logged out of my soundcloud and it fixed. im on iPhone 7 btw i have iphone 7 and i deleted the app and re intsalled it and it still like this making sounds whenever i lock my phone while playing a song and when im using it too.
So... I thought I fixed it with clearing memory but it's back... tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc no change still clicking-like static while playing songs through the speaker. When I connect to a Bluetooth speaker/headset or wired it doesn't happen. Only through onboard iPhone speakers!
Almost like SoundCloud can't handle the two stereo speakers on the iPhone 7?
Same issue of distorted/crackling sounds on bluetooth via Soundcloud app on an Android (Moto G).
Potentially helped: freeing memory device (e.g. backing up to an sd card) and making sure phone and headsets are charged.
This issue seems to be independent of whether the song is streamed or saved offline.
However, I don't experience the static sound issue when using non-bluetooth headphones.
I don't seem to experience this issue on Spotify (with or without bluetooth)
IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE 😓
It could be because you are downloading songs
SAME HERE
So damn
frustrated! Every single song has this unusual static coming in every now and then. But i will say, it happens only while the device is locked.

I just bought my new phone, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Ai. There's no need to clear space.
PLEASE find a solution - losing confidence in SoundCloud.
Ok so every time i play a song it will sound good but as soon as i lock my phone (htc mini) it will make a static/ distorted noise how do i fix this?
I am on my PC and having the same issue of distorted sound.
Started few minutes ago.
Today, 15th July at 14:35 GMT

Btw its the website thats having the issue.
Youtube is working fine.
Audio files saved on pc are working fine.
Only music on soundcloud is giving out distortion or static also the tempo is dropped.
Every song sounds slowed down.

Rebooting the machine doesn't help.
Tried bluetooth headphones, wired earphones and monitor speakers as well.
Everything is fine when I play other sites or saved files.

Please help.
I have the same issue on my Android phone... I have an Essential Phone... Please fix it...