Question

Download Stats do not add up

• 16 December 2015
  • 3 replies

My company launched a podcast about 6 weeks ago. The episodes are hosted on Soundcloud. But what I am seeing in SoundCloud's stats do not really make any sense. Soundcloud's documentation is not really helpingOn the overview page for November, it is showing 1403 pays and 28 Downloads. Under the 3 tabs i see

1. Website: 1425
  2. Apps: 1205
  3. RSS: 177
If I am reading Soundcloud's documentation correctly it seems like "Apps" should be a subset of total plays. 935 "app" plays are from the SoundCloud Played widget. But I also see 214 "RSS Feed" plays under Apps. Can anyone help me understand what these numbers mean? Or point me to some better documentation?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with this, and apologies for the huge delay in responding. Not sure if the numbers you mentioned were indeed showing up like this (could have been a temporary glitch at the time you looked), but the Website, Apps and RSS numbers cannot be greater then the total plays indeed. I've looked into your stats for November from our end, and the numbers are different, i.e. smaller then the total number of plays.

The stats you're seeing in the botton right are indeed subsets. Plus, they are showing only the 50 most popular sites / apps / rss programs.

I hope this helps shedding some light on the issue.

Cheers
Mathis
can you remove the download stat?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
can you remove the download stat?
Hi Gary,

Sorry, but this is not an option.