Question

Downloads are disabled in settings for all my tracks, but tracks have been downloaded

• 30 April 2016
  • 3 replies

In my account settings, I have ALWAYS had downloads disabled for each track, however in the stats for some tracks, it appears people have downloaded them. I have written about this issue before, but nothing has ever been resolved. I would upgrade to a pro account if I had any confidence that this would ensure the security of my content, but it seems that pro account users I know have had the same problem. Can someone there investigate this issue? I consider it to be serious. If I don't want people to download tracks, I should be able to prevent that, surely.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank you for your reply Mathis.
No, right from the start, I always had downloads disabled in the settings for each track. I'm glad to hear that these downloads have not been recent, however I am sure of this - I was very careful as some of these recordings are available commercially. There must have been a glitch. Please note that I am aware of several other soundcloud users who have had this same problem with their account.It is disappointing, but I do not wish to waste any more time on this problem. I am satified with your assurance that this cannot happen further. Let's leave it at that.
Thank you,
Brent

Hi Brent,

Thanks for following up on this. I've made sure to pass on your report to the relevant engineering team to make sure they keep an eye out on the matter, but yeah, no recent downloads.

All the best to you,
Mathis
Thank you for your reply Mathis.
No, right from the start, I always had downloads disabled in the settings for each track. I'm glad to hear that these downloads have not been recent, however I am sure of this - I was very careful as some of these recordings are available commercially. There must have been a glitch. Please note that I am aware of several other soundcloud users who have had this same problem with their account.It is disappointing, but I do not wish to waste any more time on this problem. I am satified with your assurance that this cannot happen further. Let's leave it at that.
Thank you,
Brent
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Brent,

Thanks for reaching out. I've looked into this in further detail and the downloads seem to date back to when you initially uploaded your tracks in 2012. Maybe the downloads were enabled at some point back in the day, or maybe initially when you uploaded them, then change the download option at a later point?

If you're seeing recent downloads, then this would be something our Trust & Safety team might be able to investigate in further detail. You can reach out to them here if you're seeing recent downloads in your stats.

However, please rest assured that as long as downloads are indeed disabled, no one but yourself can download the source file.

All the best
Mathis