Question

Earnings

• 24 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Currently, I am using a third party service to monetize my content. However, I’d like to compare the earnings between that service and soundcloud’s direct monetization program, if possible. Please help.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
like how much per 1000 plays? it's some thing like $0.0025 - $0.004 per eligible play (30 secs minimum) or $2.50 - $4.00 per 1000 eligible plays.

I read that on a 3rd party site in a response posted by two members who stated they were monetized on here for 2 - 3 years.

I am not sure if it is true or not, but it was the only thing I could find where any one divulged what the rate was.

hope it helps.

Cheers
Thanks for the response!

The main reason I ask is because I’m trying to figure out if the third party I go through is really paying what I’m owed for each play. There has never really been a way to verify that, and I’m hoping I could do so with knowing how much the Soundcloud is paying out directly.. I just think I should be making more.
Userlevel 1
I totally understand your query, honestly I've scoured every place I could looking for the rate answer and that was as close as I've come. I will say the poster of that comment made a point to say the rate varied person to person and case to case but that it was between those ranges.

Again, as no one ever officially stated what it was It is all just hearsay.

Good luck to you none the less!