Fake followers

• 17 July 2017
  • 3 replies

I have been using SoundCloud for about 3 years now and about 5-6 months ago my account keeps getting spammed with fake accounts everyday. I've emailed Trust and safety about 6 times about my issue, 5/6 times I've been helped but the fake accounts keep coming back. Rn I have about 600 real followers and 1,500 fake accounts. It's getting to a point where I don't even wanna continue using SoundCloud. I just need to know exactly why these accounts keep following me, and a way I can remove the ones that are currently following me. They are all different types of bot accounts so I wouldn't be able to send the links of all the fake ones.

3 replies

Hi there,

Hmm, from what I'm seeing, this should now be sorted. I believe this was due to a caching issue on our end.

Cheers
Mathis

After I though it was all over, this morning the fake accounts started following again. I disconnected my account from Facebook and twitter, i don't know why they keep coming back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, from what I'm seeing, this should now be sorted. I believe this was due to a caching issue on our end.

Cheers
Mathis
I've finally got help with my issue but now I have another one lol. All the bot accounts are gone but I still appear to have over 2,000 followers when in reality I have around 600. Anyone know what I should do?