Question

Fake plays on Soundcloud?

• 8 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi guys,

yesterday i got 300 plays dunno how or why but I probably suppose those are fake plays.

I want to know, why I got them? Soundcloud doesn't do anything about this purpose?

I was networking so much to get real plays and follower, and now suddendly I got 300 fake plays? Why?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi aboutcolo!

Congrats on getting those plays but, sometimes its hard to know the difference. Its easier to tell if they were fake likes or followers because you can scroll through all the profiles that liked your song and you could see if they're fake. With plays, its harder to know if they are real or not.

Sometimes your track can show up as a similar track to a really popular track and lots of people will listen. Sometimes your track can be added to playlists or radio stations and get lots of plays. Just make sure you aren't being scammed by anyone.

Everyone will get bots and fake profiles on SoundCloud now a days because they are everywhere on SoundCloud! Just keep doing your thing!
So you're telling me Soundcloud doesn't do anything to front of fake plays? In my opinion they can really damage your profile and your growth.
Userlevel 3
So you're telling me Soundcloud doesn't do anything to front of fake plays? In my opinion they can really damage your profile and your growth.
Yes. I am sure they do something but its definitely not enough. I know how bad it is to have a bunch of bots and fake accounts spamming your songs and stuff but there isn't a ton you can do!

Hopefully SoundCloud will be able to stop it because its ruining the platform and ruining artists.
Userlevel 3
Here is my advice and answer to your question.

NEVER intentionally get fake accounts to do those things. If they came out of no where, thats a different story. If I were you, I would just forget about it and keep making music and doing your best. Its not your fault. Its SoundClouds responsibility to keep its platform safe and bot free.
this happened to us about a year ago, Randomly dropped a track and got a 1000 plays in 24hours, obvs they was fake or somehow it got posted as a similar track to something? , strange