Answered

Fake views?

• 15 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Some of my tracks keep getting these automated views from a website called www.promo-sound.site, which redirects to www.soundcloud-shop.org. Always in bursts of 50. I'm worried this might lead to my tracks getting taken down. Is there any way to prevent this?
icon

Best answer by Navid 31 October 2018, 16:33

Hey there,

This is taken from our help center:

If you’ve noticed an unexpected, sudden increase in activity on your track or account, this can sometimes be explained by fake accounts on the platform.

​These accounts follow, play, like and repost sounds across the community in order to appear human. Our Trust and Safety engineers work hard to detect fake accounts on the platform, but cannot always remove them before they have the chance to make actions on the site. When they are removed, any reposts, comments, follows or likes they have made, will also be removed.

Please note: We do not have the technical means of reverting, or adjusting, play counts.

You can read more here.

Cheers,
Navid
View original

5 replies

I'm having the exact same issue. My bursts seem to be spread out over various US cities, how about yours?
That's exactly the same thing I'm getting. Bursts of 50, spread across the US. No idea why it's happening.
Hi Guys..yesterday I found 50 plays on my last mix..all in the U.S(different town)...it's quite strange..all lead me to soundboost.net..and I've never bought plays....so ..it's a promotion..it's amistake?..or...my account was hacked and I'm paying money without knowing this..i'worried about it
We just got this too! I'm not sure what's going on with it.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there,

This is taken from our help center:

If you’ve noticed an unexpected, sudden increase in activity on your track or account, this can sometimes be explained by fake accounts on the platform.

​These accounts follow, play, like and repost sounds across the community in order to appear human. Our Trust and Safety engineers work hard to detect fake accounts on the platform, but cannot always remove them before they have the chance to make actions on the site. When they are removed, any reposts, comments, follows or likes they have made, will also be removed.

Please note: We do not have the technical means of reverting, or adjusting, play counts.

You can read more here.

Cheers,
Navid