Answered

Follower and following count still not working properly

• 13 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I created an account on 04-11-2017 and I noticed there was a bug on status.soundcloud.com that day being worked on. Well, when I tried to verify my account via the email that was sent that seemed really buggy an gave me an error, but eventually after re-sending a few times it worked. Then when I tried to change my username to something custom it acted like the original user###### username and the one I changed it to was two different profile pages--eventually went away. But now I have noticed when someone follows me or I follow them the number on my profile does not update so even though a few people have followed me it just says 1 still.

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Mathis 13 April 2017, 13:18

Hi there Stage Lab Creations,

First of all - thanks for reporting those spam posts from the Community. We've banned those fake users now and adjusted our system to make sure these bots cannot get through. Secondly, sorry to hear about your bumpy start on SoundCloud.

Lastly, I have triggered for your followers to be recalculated from our backend now - this should update within the next 24 hours. There's sometimes a delay caused by our caching system, which is particularly prevalent when you start out with only a handful of numbers.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue :-)

All the best to you,
Mathis
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Stage Lab Creations,

First of all - thanks for reporting those spam posts from the Community. We've banned those fake users now and adjusted our system to make sure these bots cannot get through. Secondly, sorry to hear about your bumpy start on SoundCloud.

Lastly, I have triggered for your followers to be recalculated from our backend now - this should update within the next 24 hours. There's sometimes a delay caused by our caching system, which is particularly prevalent when you start out with only a handful of numbers.

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue :-)

All the best to you,
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thank you for your prompt response, assistance and explanation. Okay cool, I understand now -- it was just a bit alarming that they were not registering as I had created the account the same night that there was a bug with followers/following stats and I had some other strange things happen as I mentioned before that same night... so I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to create a new account and start over before I started uploading stuff. I really appreciate your help. Have a great day.

Thank you,
Jason