Question

Follower Count Issue

• 27 September 2017
  • 2 replies

I've been a user of soundcloud for about a year now and have been gathering followers without any issues up until the past few months. I've seen plenty of new followers on my notification stream (+2-3 a week) and my number has just dwindled between 465 - 462.

I am annoyed at the service I've been getting recently. I understand the removal of fake accounts, but these seem to be legitimate accounts (profile pictures, follower counts of their own, tracks of their own.)

Last year when i first joined soundcloud i made a mistake by following & unfollowing to many users and it seems to have had an effect on my account. I really hope this issue can be looked at and taken seriously & then soon resolved.

I will not update my pro account again until this problem is resolved.

here is the link to my soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/son-orbis

Hope to hear from you soon,
Jack

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jack,

Hmm, sorry to hear this has been bothering you. I've looked into this and we made sure your followers count is being recalculated on our backend. This usually takes a few minutes to fully process. If you followed too many accounts in a short time period, you likely got blocked from following. However, once this block is released, everything goes back to normal, so this should not interfere with your followers, so you should be all set.

If you have further questions in regards to this, it might be best to reach out to our Trust & Safety team directly.

Best
Mathis
Hey Mathis,

This problem still very much exists for me. My follower count was recalculated again by you eight months ago. I then gained more followers but then soon started to see it doing the exact same thing. Its now stuck between 484 - 490.

Can you please have a look at this again for me & recalculate my follower count again.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Jack