Follower counts not updating

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

We continue to receive reports from some of our users saying their follower counts do not seem to update. For each of your reports, we're making sure that your followers do properly register on our backend.

However, there is a bug causing for the actual counter to not update properly sometimes. Our engineers are looking into solving this over time, however the issue turns out to be much more complex to fix then initially sorted.

We acknowledge that this issue has been present for quite some time, and we understand how frustration this is, however we want to reassure you that this is something our data team is committed to improve in the future and continues to investigate.

If your follower count seems to be stuck, please let us know here.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis

185 replies

I just subscribed to SoundCloud but it seems that the followers/following stats are completely wrong. For now I have 2 followers and I'm actually following 10 artists. However my counter shows that I have 0 followers and that I'm following 2 artists. What's wrong with the website?
Userlevel 5
As you probably already know, due to my numerous posts over the course of the past year or so, my follower count has been stuck, or hovering since December of 2015.

Not happy about it. Thank you.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stats not counting new followers – still a problem/bug NOT fixed!.

Dear SoundCloud forum staff,

I am absolutely of the opinion, that you are humans as well and should be treated with respect. The tone most of the conversations I read about this still ongoing topic/unfixed problem have is unacceptable and unworthy of a somewhat personal interaction. And I certainely do understand that it's neither your job to fix the problem yourselves, nor are you the ones programming the website (at least I think so).

Nonetheless this is a problem that has to be acknowledged and adressed by you, immediately! The current situation is unbearable, honestly. Even just from the few conversations that I read about this topic only in this forum it's completly obvious that this problem exists for 6 to 12 months now and is at least affecting hundreds of users. And nothing happened for this time. At least nothing noticeable for us. The problem/bug still exists and it seems that beside a few answers you're not even caring or being interested in this at all.

Pro Unlimited costs 100€ per year and amongst other things is advertised with giving the user more detailed stats. Seeing it as even the basics stats (e.g. the counter for followers) are not working at all this is getting close to a legal issue, since SoundCloud is not fullfilling their part of the contract.

So, the very same problem you should be already aware of, described as precisely as I can:

For a few months the stats counting followers seems to be stuck/frozen/broken. It stays at 242 although new followers are gained on a regular basis. Never used any spam tools or bought fake followers for the account. Never. And it won't be deleted fake accounts that followed the profile on their own neither. So what's happening exactly?

There's a notification about a new follower. The follower count raises from 242 to 243 and jumps back IMMEDITATELY half a second later. Neither updating and saving the profile, nor refreshing the page seems to help. Actually nothing seems to help for months now! I'm writing you now, because I wanted to give your tech staff some time for the "stats maintenance" I read about in your blog post. It reads that all problems should be fixed by now. I can tell you for a fact: They aren't.

The described situation happened at least 10 times exactly this way by now. Highly unlikely that I lost a follower exactly the same moment I gained a new one. I would even argue that it's completly impossible. It seems that sometimes the new followers are kept and therefore an old one is deleted, but in other cases the new follower seems to be deleted automatically in the exact same moment again. It might even be the case that all followers are preserved in your database and it's just the counter/number shown that's wrong/off. It's obvious that it's definetly NOT a coinciedence with deleted fake profils or something similiar anymore and the problem exists for months now at my account and seems to be existing for at least a year for other users.

For 100€ a year I expect a technician to look into my problem personally. To look into my profile specifically. And when you're already at it: It would be a good idea to develop completly new stats that keep track of your profile much more precisely. Just as it is with Facebook pages e.g. So everyone can clearly see in their own private stats if someone unfollowed one's profile or was deleted or if there has to be a problem with the stats shown.

If anything is unclear I can explain it again. Please excuse the wording of this text. English is not my mother tongue and some sentences might seem strange or don't make much sense for someone who speaks the language natively.

Looking forward to a hopefully fast and fullfilling answer.

Best regards.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Incorrect following count and stream content.

I unfollowed everyone but the following count keeps saying "1". Besides that, I have content of 1 user in my stream feed even though I'm not following this person. I've tried the following things:
- Following and unfollowing this person
- Following other people and unfollow those then unfollow the one that keeps appearing in my stream
- Following others and unfollowing the one that keeps appearing in my stream then logout and log in and then unfollow the other people
- Reinstalling the App + soft reset (iPhone) [App is up to date]
- Clearing browser cache
- Login and logout (several times)

Strange thing, when I follow and unfollow the person, the content in the stream is gone for a while, but after a few hours it's coming back. I have this problem on mobile and pc.
I'm not sure if I am blocked from following or if my follower counter is stuck?
Mathis, my 'followers' & 'following' count have been incorrect for nearly 7 months now! I just completed a manual count and I'm currently only following 34 people, not the 63 that my profile displays. Also I currently have 93 followers, not the 97 that my profile displays....My OCD is killing me!

Thanks
My follower count has stuck too. It shows the correst total (400) or a fraction of a second then goes to the stuck count of 385. My number of plays has suddenly dropped suspiciously low too in the last day or so.
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my following count says 13 it should be 9 this the second time this happend pleas....
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled hi my soundcloud lilsplash3 following count says 13 it should be 9 second time th....

hi my soundcloud lilsplash3 following count says 13 it should be 9 second time this happend to me in the past 6 months please fix asap really annoying i pay for my account
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My follower count works wrong. Could you help me?.
Hello,

My follower count is stuck also. Today I had 5 new followers and they are not showing up.

I also manually counted my followers (on this page: https://soundcloud.com/3foldradio/followers) and the number that is shown on my profile is less than the followers page by 80 followers.

I'd appreciate it if you could look into this matter.

Thanks,
Danielle : )
i have 13 followers but when i go back to my profile this count on 9 this is compelete stuck can you update my followers count pleasseee
this is my soundcloud profile: https://soundcloud.com/mehrshadkhs
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled REAL FOLLOWERS NOT SHOWING UP!.

REAL FOLLOWERS NOT SHOWING UP! (not fake accounts)
I am running Firefox 48.0.1

Hi - I'm a musician that often runs contests for free ticket giveaways to my shows. To enter, soundcloud users have to come to my page and follow me and send me an email. But I have noticed that even when I get a notification that someone has followed me and they send me an email (so I can see that they are a real person) my total followers stay the same - THESE ARE NOT BOTS. This is a serious issue for me as a musician because I am booked and paid based on my popularity. This problem has been going on for a year and I would probably have atleast 2,000 more followers than I currently show! Can this be remedied in any way? Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Living Light wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled REAL FOLLOWERS NOT SHOWING UP!.

REAL FOLLOWERS NOT SHOWING UP! (not fake accounts)
I am running Firefox 48.0.1

Hi - I'm a musician that often runs contests for free ticket giveaways to my shows. To enter, soundcloud users have to come to my page and follow me and send me an email. But I have noticed that even when I get a notification that someone has followed me and they send me an email (so I can see that they are a real person) my total followers stay the same - THESE ARE NOT BOTS. This is a serious issue for me as a musician because I am booked and paid based on my popularity. This problem has been going on for a year and I would probably have atleast 2,000 more followers than I currently show! Can this be remedied in any way? Thank you!

Hi,

A recalculation of your followers has been triggered on our backend. Please give this 24 hours to fully process.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
MehrshadKHS wrote:

i have 13 followers but when i go back to my profile this count on 9 this is compelete stuck can you update my followers count pleasseee
this is my soundcloud profile: https://soundcloud.com/mehrshadkhs

Hi,

A recalculation of your followers has been triggered on our backend. Please give this 24 hours to fully process.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
3Fold Radio wrote:

Hello,

My follower count is stuck also. Today I had 5 new followers and they are not showing up.

I also manually counted my followers (on this page: https://soundcloud.com/3foldradio/followers) and the number that is shown on my profile is less than the followers page by 80 followers.

I'd appreciate it if you could look into this matter.

Thanks,
Danielle : )

Hi,

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Zenarado wrote:

My follower count has stuck too. It shows the correst total (400) or a fraction of a second then goes to the stuck count of 385. My number of plays has suddenly dropped suspiciously low too in the last day or so.

Hi,

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
JSmart wrote:

Mathis, my 'followers' & 'following' count have been incorrect for nearly 7 months now! I just completed a manual count and I'm currently only following 34 people, not the 63 that my profile displays. Also I currently have 93 followers, not the 97 that my profile displays....My OCD is killing me!

Thanks

Hi,

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Rachel Beverly Williams wrote:

I'm not sure if I am blocked from following or if my follower counter is stuck?

Hi Rachel,

No blocks in place 🙂

Cheers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled count glitch.

hello i have 13 follower on soundcloud but when i go to my profile its shows me 9 follower this is glitch can you fix for me ? this is my soundcloud profile by the way
https://soundcloud.com/mehrshadkhs
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have 1 follower but the followers' list is empty.

I have one follower on my profile page, as shown in the screen shot below:

But when I click this number I see an empty list:

There was a follower and she reposted a track which I am looking for. I liked that track but cannot find it now (maybe unliked accidently). Can you fix my followers list? There is defenitely some error...
Userlevel 5
My follower count just decreased by 6.. An hour ago I had 1300 followers and now i have 1294. Please Advise ASAP. 9-22-16 and still experiencing incorrect stats since December 2015.

Thanks
Lous
Userlevel 5
Make it 7. I lost 7 followers as my ticker was working backwards. each new follower i gained, the ticker reflected the other direction. WHY!
Louie Showers wrote:

As you probably already know, due to my numerous posts over the course of the past year or so, my follower count has been stuck, or hovering since December of 2015.

Not happy about it. Thank you.

My followers number is decreasing and though everyday new people are following me. And even though it says I have 3 followers, every time i check only one appears.
Thank you
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Restored account, followers not showing up?.

I restored my account a few days ago and now my follower account is really low, it displayed the correct amount for about a day at one point then went back to displaying the incorrect amount. Any help would be great. Thanks.