Follower counts not updating

Show first post

204 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
My follower count just decreased by 6.. An hour ago I had 1300 followers and now i have 1294. Please Advise ASAP. 9-22-16 and still experiencing incorrect stats since December 2015.

Thanks
Lous

Hi Louie,

Are you taking into account that you get notified about new followers, however you don't get notified when a user unfollows you? It is not uncommon for the total number of followers to decrease at times.

I've just started following you and the counter went from 1295 to 1296. Here are before and after screenshots:

Before:

After:

When looking at your followers page, I'm on that list, too.
Userlevel 5
My follower count just decreased by 6.. An hour ago I had 1300 followers and now i have 1294. Please Advise ASAP. 9-22-16 and still experiencing incorrect stats since December 2015.

Thanks
Lous

Hello Mathis, yes I am taking into account that phenomenon. However, this behavior has been consistent for a while now. Can you please authorize a recalculation of my followers? I continue to observe erratic behavior. Before I wrote this yesterday, I had 7 more followers.. Then, when I logged back in, 6 followers were gone... about ten minutes later, i was notified of a new follower who was a pro user, and I watched the ticker decrease by another one, leaving me with 7 less followers in a matter of an hour!

Rather than continue this, could you please just recalculate mine? I would appreciate it greatly. thank you
Userlevel 5
Mathis, since our conversation this morning I have gained additional followers (after you followed me) AND THE COUNTER is DECREASED by 1. It is very clear that there is a problem. I now have 1295 followers. Please help end this. Will you please recalculate my stats? Any reply would be wonderful. thanks!

Userlevel 1
hi mathis could you please re-calculate my follower count as in 2 years it has never matched the my followers if i manually count them ,thanks
Userlevel 1
I am very suspicious of automatic removal of real followers by mistake. Every time I get a few followers it is succeeded by my count decreasing. I looked at privacy, in settings, this morning and as well as a number of accounts from spam users I'd blocked there were 3 or 4 more, who looked legitimate that I had not blocked.
Userlevel 5
At this point, one cannot help but think this is intentional. Or, that SC has been attacked or hacked. I mean, to be asked the same question about removal of spam accounts or not being aware of unfollowers is just infuriating almost a year later! We see this behavior, we politely report it, with overwhelmingly clear evidence and round and round we go. Mathis, please respond with some helpful information. The follower count is Broken. Thanks
Userlevel 5
Today after I posted that last post I gained more followers ...my follower count increased at first, but now all three followers are gone in my ticker went backwards.... Why
As you probably already know, due to my numerous posts over the course of the past year or so, my follower count has been stuck, or hovering since December of 2015.

Not happy about it. Thank you.

i had an issue with my follower count a while back also, it would steadily decline 1or2 followers a day and it did this for about almost a month then stopped. There might not be anything wrong but it just seem weird at the time. Is there anyway i can find if i actually got more(or less) followers than my counter say i do.
Userlevel 1
if I contact SC support they always tell me that they've checked and my follow count is correct. My problem is that I don't trust that the loss of followers is mainly people choosing to unfollow but that automatic cleanups are removing real followers rather than spam accounts. I block and report all spam accounts whether the follow or just like a track.

Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FOLLOWERS.

Yesterday I had 1120 followers and today in the morning 1112 but now 1120, so the number of my followers is changing everydays can you fix it soon please? big hug soundcloud
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FOLLOWERS.

Yesterday I had 1120 followers and today in the morning 1112 but now 1120, so the number of my followers is changing everydays can you fix it soon please? big hug soundcloud

Hi,

I've triggered for your follower count to be recalculated on our backend. Please give this 24hours to process.

Cheers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I lost 13 Followers overnight! And to small accounts that's alot please fix and g....

Losing Followers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My follower count is stuck at a a number but I have checked with family members, ....

My follower count is stuck at a number but I have checked with family members and it shows it is higher than that. This is annoying. It's like it pops up and goes back down quickly. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH
The 'follower bug' strikes again. When I logged in my profile page displays 981 followers and a second later it flips back to 974 followers. When I refreshed the page the same thing happened again. This is not the first time this problem pops up on my profile. It happens multiple times each month and it's really annoying.
The 'follower bug' strikes again. When I logged in my profile page displays 981 followers and a second later it flips back to 974 followers. When I refreshed the page the same thing happened again. This is not the first time this problem pops up on my profile. It happens multiple times each month and it's really annoying.
cool yes by me same i have mail send to help center after is all Clam i have 1700 followers
Userlevel 5
https://app.hyfy.io/v/abQaJhto6w/ here is a video of the follower count behavior. this is the 5th location on this forum that I have posted. not one response or acknowledgements from soundcloud.
Hope you'll get a proper reaction Andrea! It's so frustrating.

Yes that's exactly the problem Louie. And it's a problem that exist for years. Such ashame Soundcloud can't fix it.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am currently following only 2 artists but Soundcloud reflects that I am followi....

I am currently following only 2 artists but Soundcloud reflects that I am following 4 artists. How can this be fixed?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled followers count still works wrong. Please could you help me?.

My followers count still works wrong. Please could you help me?
Userlevel 1
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled follower counter has NEVER matched a manual count of profiles by a large margin.

follower counter has NEVER matched a manual count of profiles by a large margin
COULD WE PLEASE HAVE A DAILY UPDATE ON HOW THE PROFFESIONAL COMPUTER ENGINEERS WORKING ON THIS "FOLLOWER COUNT BUG " ARE MAKING PROGRESS ON SOLVING THE ISSUES <PLEASE <<<PRETTY PLEASE
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My follower count is stuck at a number but I have checked with family members and....

My follower count is stuck at a number but I have checked with family members and it shows it is higher than that. This is annoying. It's like it pops up and goes back down quickly. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH. This is the second time this has happened after being fixed after two days
Hey Mathis, hope you can help us out! Over the last week, we've seen our followers go from around 64k to 57k, BACK to 64k and now at 47k. This drastic change in followers seems to happen regularly on our account. We're wondering if you are able to fix this? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/youngbombs
As you probably already know, due to my numerous posts over the course of the past year or so, my follower count has been stuck, or hovering since December of 2015.

Not happy about it. Thank you.

its not showing new followers
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers and Following bugged.

Hi! I have a problem with Folloers and Following counter it result bugged.i have 841 follower and 543 following but counter doesnt change if i follow someone or if someone follow me,it continue to say that i have 833 followers and 416 following. Please help me with this bug!

Thanks.
Z.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers counter doesn't work correclty.

Hello Forum, I follow to see the followers counter of my account not increasing propely. I've a paying account and I would like this instruments working correctly...