Solved

Followers

• 4 November 2015
  • 10 replies

For the last month the number of people who are following me has remained at around 488 to 495. I have been getting new followers everyday for the last month, but the stats don't change. Right now they seem to be stuck at 488. Please help me with this.
icon

Best answer by Gina 9 November 2015, 16:31

Hi there,

Unfortunately we have a wave of spam that is hitting the platform everyday with fake accounts. These fake accounts perform thousands of fake follows and likes. Our Trust and Safety team detects the shady behaviour and these bot accounts are all batch deleted. This explains why you see notifications of new follows but then it does not accumulate. We are working hard to implement new measures that prevent these fake accounts from getting on SoundCloud in the first place.

Thanks,
Gina
View original

10 replies

i have been noticing the same thing i have the mysterious 488 even tho i have had people follow me today it just keeps fluctuating between 488- 491 very bloody odd think they should rename to whats bleeding wrong now cloud 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Unfortunately we have a wave of spam that is hitting the platform everyday with fake accounts. These fake accounts perform thousands of fake follows and likes. Our Trust and Safety team detects the shady behaviour and these bot accounts are all batch deleted. This explains why you see notifications of new follows but then it does not accumulate. We are working hard to implement new measures that prevent these fake accounts from getting on SoundCloud in the first place.

Thanks,
Gina
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Number of followers keeps dropping.

Hi all, Always loved using sound cloud, its been a really positive medium to listenen to music and do collaborations . However lately it seems to be really glitchy. Loads of fake followers and follower numbers that just keep dropping. I can't see any advantage to the platform and I can't justify paying for a faulty service. Its a shame I think that its just getting hijacked by problems. Might as well go with the free service!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My followers have stalled..

Hello! For some time my followers do not rise nor fall ago, must be happening any problems because I do not see normally. This problem, which I have since started to follow a few fake profiles, or so it seemed. I hope you give me a solution, and I was very happy with Soundcloud and had thought pargar for your services in the future. I hope your answer soon. Thank you! Bye.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My followers have stalled..

Hello! For some time my followers do not rise nor fall ago, must be happening any problems because I do not see normally. This problem, which I have since started to follow a few fake profiles, or so it seemed. I hope you give me a solution, and I was very happy with Soundcloud and had thought pargar for your services in the future. I hope your answer soon. Thank you! Bye.

Hi Peli,

Please read related convos above.

-G
Userlevel 2
There has shit loads of posts about this issue and it still continues.
I've waste 70 quid on this site, not worth subscribing until it sorts its shit out.
Hey there, i got the same problem... since i got nearly 100 followers it seems that like for every to followers i get i loose one... so my amount of followers is rising really slow... when i checked my notifications i saw that some people followed me 3 times in a row and still are not following me yet...so it gets deleted or something... i read your thread about the fake accounts...thats clear... but what about the people who are following me again and again? some of them are friends of mine...so definitely no fake account... could you please help me?
Hi there,

Thanks,
Gina

Hi Gina,

when I manually count the amount of users that I am following and that are following me, it does not closely match up with the amounts that are shown on my profile page. Will this be resolved?

Thanks for your time.
Hi there,

Thanks,
Gina

I have the same problem...
Hello, when I first subscribed as a user of Soundcloud almost three years ago, I never had problems with bots creating fake followers, plays and likes. As a matter a fact using SC as 'non pro user' in 2013 to 2014 all listeners were real listeners and followers.

Sending advertisment plays, fake followers and likes on my profile has been under way since a few months. So many users have reported this and still they have no solution for that?

From my point of view I cannot see any progress in solving the problem. So why is this issue still an issue for the Trust and Safety team? People can obviously suppose that they should have been gotten rid with hacker since the problem has been messaged for almost 2 years. Cracking the code shouldn't be that difficult, should it?

It evokes me the feelings that SC pushes these actions than stopping it.

If this continuous, I'll delete my free SC account and going not to return here, there are so many platforms I can use as well than wasting my time with fuss like that.

Ciao