Answered

Following count bug

• 9 March 2019
  • 9 replies

Hello, i've posted this before but got no answer so i'm trying again -
I unfollowed everyone i previously followed, my "following" count should read 0 but instead it's stuck on 3 for some reason. But when you click on the 3, it says that i'm not following anyone.
Can you please please fix this so that it says 0 because it is pretty irritating. Thank you!!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 26 July 2019, 14:42

Hello,

Everyone who has reported wrong follower counts on their account: I've now triggered for your counts to be recalculated. This should show on your profile within 24 hours.

I am closing this topic for further comments to keep communication in one player moving forward.

If you are experiencing this bug and come across this topic: There is a new collective topic available here. Just report and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Same thing here, they said they triggered stuff but nothing happened.

https://soundcloud.com/hello450

I've saw that this same bug make it impossible to add to your playlists

We really need you guys to do something, the only solution I see is to create a new account but i don't want to lose all my work
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there to the both of you,

The followers have now been adjusted. This should be reflected on your public profiles within 24 hours. Apologies about the troubles, and if this hasn't fixed the count being off before @FollowingProblems, it should now. We've discussed this issue with our engineers and while it is very difficult to get to the bottom of this and fix the root cause, the interim option to adjust this on a case by case basis for individual users has been improved, so this time around, the recalculation should indeed show action.

Also, the bug that's causing for your existing playlists to not show when you want to add a track is of a similar nature in terms of "how easy is it for SoundCloud to fix this" (It isn't easy at all unfortunately), however it has a different root cause. I've explained in a different topic to disable Adblock, as this might help already, and if not, to create a second playlist (this can be a private playlist), restart your browser, and try again.

Let us know how it went.
Thank's a ton it worked @Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello,

Everyone who has reported wrong follower counts on their account: I've now triggered for your counts to be recalculated. This should show on your profile within 24 hours.

I am closing this topic for further comments to keep communication in one player moving forward.

If you are experiencing this bug and come across this topic: There is a new collective topic available here. Just report and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm also having the same problem, I follow nobody but the counter reads that I am following 1 person. Can this be fixed? soundcloud.com/rowdyr4t is the account.
Hi guys, I'm having the same following count bug, could someone help, please? soundcloud.com/tavbord. Thanks
I've had the same problems for a few years now and I finally want to get them fixed too!
My following count shows "1", but I'm not following anyone and my follower count shows one more follower than there actually are and when I follow someone it says "2" and if I unfollow them it goes back to "1"!
Further, my notifications always show me that there is a new notification, when I log into Soundcloud, even though there is no single one and when I already clicked on it and open Soundcloud again in a new tab (while still being logged in) the orange dot next to the bell icon is back again!
I find it funny how all these problems seem to be around for years and you say you still rely on "interim options" by doing everything manually, but to each their own!
My page: https://soundcloud.com/viqueo
Hello,
I'm having the same issue. My Soundcloud page shows 13 extra accounts. I follow only 2 accounts and it shows 15.

This is my page: https://soundcloud.com/thisizurbane

Cheers,
Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank's a ton it worked @Mathis

*Phew* - thanks for letting me know. I'm glad to hear this helped. We're hoping for improvements in regards to both of the issues you've mentioned in the future.