Question

Getting fake plays & downloads for particular track

• 8 June 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Normally I do not get a lot of plays & downloads, but for some of my tracks these stats are growing really fast. The latest example is https://soundcloud.com/theycallme88/gm5iwwycibkm
It took a bit longer than a month for it to get 1000 plays and 100 downloads, but there are 0 likes on it (it is strange considering the amount of downloads). 0 comments as well. It would be great to have a hit record, but in this case I believe that stats are not authentic. It even looked like Soundcloud is trying to force me to subscribe to Pro plan, but I hope that is not the case. Could you please assist me

Kind regards,
--
Sergey

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Sergey,

Thank you for visiting the Help Forum. It looks like these plays did indeed come from an unauthorised app in the iTunes store. The app has already been taken down by our Trust and Safety team.

Please let us know if you see this weird behaviour again.

Best,
Gina
Hi Sergey,

Thank you for visiting the Help Forum. It looks like these plays did indeed come from an unauthorised app in the iTunes store. The app has already been taken down by our Trust and Safety team.

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina, thank you. I will keep an eye on my plays to see if the issue has gone
Hi Sergey,

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina, unfortunately the situation with the track that I have mentioned in the original post is stil the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Sergey,

Best,
Gina

Hi again,

I've checked again, and all of your most recent plays are coming from the official iOS SoundCloud app or the mobile site - the aforementioned app is still revoked, so the volume that is coming in now is not coming from the suspicious app. You should be all set for now :-)

Cheers
Mathis