Question

Getting paid

Hi, I am a SoundCloud artist and have a free account and here are the stats for my songs: Song #1: 250 plays. Song #2: 1,560 plays. Song #3: 180 plays. I joined SoundCloud premier as an independent artist on March 5th 2018. The current date is now April 17th 2018. I did get the email from SoundCloud the same day I requested to join that I was on the list for Premier yet still have not received any payments when according to how premier works, payments should actually be monthly. I set up a PayPal account as well because the website said "SoundCloud will send you payments monthly via Paypal along with a statement." I do have a lot of plays for my tracks and am on the list for Premier but did not receive any payments yet. Is this normal? Is there any explanation for this? I don't see what the problem is. I also plan on buying a promotion package for $99 which will get me over 24,000 plays for each song but want to do that once I receive the initial payment so I can decide how much I can possibly make and calculate and I want to promote my music more in general as well so I think it's worth it. And SoundCloud never asked me for what my PayPal account is which also made me not sure about it and I don't know where to submit that information either. For my problem specifically, I would appreciate customer support like over the phone which would probably be better but I don't believe that is offered. Artist name is: Deadass Finessed. If you can, check out my songs and my profile as well. Thanks. Please ignore the other question I posted that says the same exact thing as this one except for this sentence I wrote because it says it is solved when all what happened was someone asked me a question about the promotion package I plan on buying and didn't even answer my question and I don't know how to change it from saying solved to not solved.

14 replies

Userlevel 2
..........I joined SoundCloud premier as an independent artist on March 5th 2018. The current date is now April 17th 2018. I did get the email from SoundCloud the same day I requested to join that I was on the list for Premier yet still have not received any payments ................

You applied to join the premier plan on March 5th. The automatic email reply that you are "on the list" means that you are on a list where, one day, they will consider whether you are eligible to join the Premier Plan scheme. I filled out the application to test it and I'm "on the list", and I'm not even a musician. I tested it with my mother's email address. She's "on the list" and she doesn't even know what SoundCloud is. You are just on a list. Ok.

....................I also plan on buying a promotion package for $99 which will get me over 24,000 plays for each song but want to do that once I receive the initial payment so I can decide how much I can possibly make

If you buy fake plays you are likely to get banned from SoundCloud.
I'm not gonna get banned. It's called Music promotion club.com, it's a marketing and promotion service where they promote your music online through I think like 20 different websites. That's all. That's what they do. That's what you pay for. People use a marketing company to promote their music. It's actually recommended if you really want to promote it well. It's a good way to spread it even more because the truth is, there's thousands of people out there who I know would love my music but just weren't exposed to it yet so this can accomplish that goal for me. Speaking of Premier, when do I start getting payments? I'm close to 2000 plays for one of my songs is that not enough to get the notification that I can earn revenue?, I mean, there's money being made there and I'm not getting any.
You’re going to need waayyyyy more plays than that to start getting paid. I have almost 300,000 total plays and at least 10k on every song and I haven’t made a penny.
They will probably tell you when you start earning money, and also doesn't only depend on how many plays you get, it is more of a random selection.
I have a constant flow of views from 1,000-2,000 views a day, 20k total views and 60 sum follwers and I get paid from$80-$300 a month depending on my views, I got an email from SoundCloud telling to that I qualify for monetizion so I joined, signed the agreement and chose what track to monetize. Maybe you don’t qualify for some reason and you need to talk to sound cloud if you believe you do.
Hi,
How can i check my earnings?
yeah, is there any way to check the earnings so far before you get paid?
I have a constant flow of views from 1,000-2,000 views a day, 20k total views and 60 sum follwers and I get paid from$80-$300 a month depending on my views, I got an email from SoundCloud telling to that I qualify for monetizion so I joined, signed the agreement and chose what track to monetize. Maybe you don’t qualify for some reason and you need to talk to sound cloud if you believe you do.

Do you have soundcloud pro? And if you do, is it the unlimited or the other one?
Hi, all my tracks are monetized through beatstars, i have over 4000 total Plays, and still haven't get paid. All my information is correctly been set up, but i haven't recived anything yet. Anybody know how monetization Works when it's through a "3rd party" (i Guess)? My name is Beats by sonDRE on soundcloud.
They Pay You Monthly?
Userlevel 1
I have a Premier account, 183k plays, 3k followers my tracks get monetised (other people hear ads) but I haven't seen a penny, nor can I even find where I can check (my account earnings)? Can anyone help me out? (I'd like to check my progress at the least!)
I joined soundcloud premier via email that they sent me, did everything through my desktop. That was December 2018. It is now April 2019 and I haven’t received a penny. What is happening? I’ve upgraded to the pro plan and paid them 10$ a month and still not making any earnings. Can anybody please help me?
I HAVE OVER 50 MILLION PLAYS WITH A SOUNDCLOUD PRO+ UNLIMITED ACCOUNT & SOUNCLOUD HASN'T SENT ME A DIME & ALL MY SONGS ARE ABOVE 1MILLION PLAYS & MONETIZED & PUBLISHED!!!! WTF IS GOING ON???
https://soundcloud.com/6ixking-hotshotmoney/just-another-bad
you will only get paid for the streams after you been invited and signed the agreement, they dont pay for bot streams or what ever u wanna call it "promotion package" where ever u bough the fake streams or followers yall. they have to be real users and real streams from real devices..... on that note if you have all these streams n still not getting paid its bc u not doing the metadata correct. i uploaded in feb, i got invited in mar, and got paid in april, for the plays in mar. so now its may and im waiting for my 2nd payment now, you gotta huslte and build that fanbase yall those constant users n streams are real. the paying 99$ for 1M streams or whatever the purchase was on a site its not real users there bots. also to be invited u have to have 5000 streams or more in a month also sound cloud go pays 1$ every 96 streams and to me its better than having to get 750 ppl stream ur song for 1$. your gonna be always a month behind or somewhat so just try to market yourself the best u can. if u got 2M on ur stats and only got 7 likes on the same track then that says something lmao