Answered

How to know whether a download is fake or not?

• 13 January 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm a soundcloud pro user. I enabled the download function for my songs. However, I'm not really sure the download is real. Most of the download locations are from US or Netherlands, while most of my songs are in Bahasa Indonesia. Not to mention every time I put the soundcloud link to my twitter, there's always a spam account that retweet my tweets.

So my question is how to know whether the download is real or fake?

Thanks a lot,

M
icon

Best answer by Mathis 21 January 2016, 10:48

Hi there M,

Thanks for reaching out. There is not a guarantee that all of your downloads are authentic, however I have looked into your stats from our end and what I can see is that your downloads are well spread across the globe, which is a good sign.

Other then that, our Trust & Safety team has measures in place to work against fake activity on SoundCloud, and will continue to improve these.

While there is no way for you to tell 100% whether or not a download is real or fake, the stats that we're seeing represent quite the real overall activity on your profile :-)

Hope this helps.

All the best
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there M,

Thanks for reaching out. There is not a guarantee that all of your downloads are authentic, however I have looked into your stats from our end and what I can see is that your downloads are well spread across the globe, which is a good sign.

Other then that, our Trust & Safety team has measures in place to work against fake activity on SoundCloud, and will continue to improve these.

While there is no way for you to tell 100% whether or not a download is real or fake, the stats that we're seeing represent quite the real overall activity on your profile :-)

Hope this helps.

All the best
Mathis