Question

I get a lot more downloads than likes on most tracks?

• 27 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Why would someone download a track that they didn't also like?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Robert,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Bit of a toughie, without quizzing each person that pressed download without liking or commenting its almost impossible to say. I certainly understand where you are coming from, if Im downloading a track I've usually commented, liked and, very often, re-posted it as well - to me its just common courtesy but then there is no explicit rule that says people must do a, b or c before pressing download. Personally, when I know full well a download has been performed on one of my own tracks without any other action, I just choose to take it as a compliment..they must have liked the tune to press download. There are probably some people who will download a track purely because the option is there to do so but my personal view is that its getting the music out there.

Sorry I can't give you an all encompassing answer, Soundcloud has a massive user base & there are going to be different people who use it in different ways.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Thank you so much for your reply, DJ R.I.P - this was very helpful. I think it would stand to reason that one wouldn't download something they didn't also like.