Question

I have a podcast on iTunes that is hosted on soundcloud, how do i attach a podtrac tracking account even though i already have episodes up?

• 16 December 2015
  • 4 replies

I have a podcast on iTunes that is hosted on soundcloud, how do i attach a podtrac tracking account even though i already have episodes up on iTunes? I have read that i need to add some sort of redirect at a RSS feed level, but i can't access that 😕

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

If you have a Podtrac account set up, you can add the URL in your content settings of your SoundCloud account.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers
Mathis
Hey hey,

If you have a Podtrac account set up, you can add the URL in your content settings of your SoundCloud account.

Cheers
Mathis

But will that break my Podcast feed in iTunes? Will I have to switch my Soundcloud RSS feed to a Podtrac RSS feed in iTunes to keep track of iTunes downloads?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Cheers
Mathis

Hey there,

No, you won't have to change anything in that regards. If you have a Podtrac account, all you need to do is add the generic podtrac link in the SoundCloud content settings.
Thanks Logic Bomb and Mathis. You have both answered my questions. I have one additional question, I submitted my soundcloud RSS feed to iTunes on Jan. 23rd and was approved on Jan. 24th. Now on Jan. 25th, I realized I need pod trac to get subscriber and location listen info. I set up an account today (Jan. 25th) but I don't have any data showing in podtrac. My podcast and episodes showed up but not data. Does it take a little while for the data to show up in podtrac or did I do something wrong? I added the generic podcast link and everything on the contents setting page.