Question

I have many more downloads than I have plays. How is that possible?

• 16 June 2015
  • 3 replies

I have 37 downloads for this week and zero plays or likes. Most of the downloads are for one song, but not all. I'm frustrated and confused. Is someone taking advantage of my music?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ann,

I had a look at your profile and it looks like all activity is coming from the SoundCloud site so there is no concern that your tracks are being downloaded. If you have any further questions please let me know!

Best,
Gina
Hi Gina,

Where do we check download numbers of the song? Is there a limitation on how many downloads per one song for free account? If so, what does pro offers?
Userlevel 6
Hi Gina,

Where do we check download numbers of the song? Is there a limitation on how many downloads per one song for free account? If so, what does pro offers?

Hi Su Shew Yee Htun,

If you are checking on downloads on your own uploaded tracks, then are displayed underneath your tracks alongside the play, share & comment stat figures. if you want to view how many downloads someone else's track has had, that is only visible to the person who uploaded it. The below will give you a more indepth look at viewing your own track stats:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1467681-how-do-i-view-stats-for-just-one-track-

Free users who have downloads enabled on their tracks are limited to 100 downloads per track. Pro users are limited to 1000 per track & Pro Unlimited do not have any download limits in place.

Hope this helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P