Solved

I just realized that my followers count stopped at 611 a long time a go... and is waay bigger than that, can someone tell me what's going on?

I just realized that my followers count stopped at 611 a long time a go... and is waaaaay bigger than that, can someone tell me what's going on?

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there,

Sorry for any frustration or confusion this has caused. You can force an update to your followers list by going to your public profile, clicking the "Edit your profile" button (http://bit.ly/160ARdp) and then just hitting "Save" on the next page. That should refresh the list on your public profile.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Gina
My followers are not growing anymore either and I've emailed about it and you made it work again for about a month, now it is frozen again. And please don't repeat that paragraph above because that has not worked for me and I see this is happening to a lot of people. You guys always respond with that paragraph. I pay money for your service. I want to know if you are going to fix this issue or just try to maintain complaints. This is a real problem, and I've been through the forum and the moderators pretend like there may be some confusion about our followers. But there is no confusion. Your site is malfunctioning. We see when we are followed, we should see the count going up. I have had months at a time with daily new follows that have never shown up. I had a new follower an hour ago, my count did not go up. We are angry about this. What is soundcloud doing about this problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Proper wrote:

My followers are not growing anymore either and I've emailed about it and you made it work again for about a month, now it is frozen again. And please don't repeat that paragraph above because that has not worked for me and I see this is happening to a lot of people. You guys always respond with that paragraph. I pay money for your service. I want to know if you are going to fix this issue or just try to maintain complaints. This is a real problem, and I've been through the forum and the moderators pretend like there may be some confusion about our followers. But there is no confusion. Your site is malfunctioning. We see when we are followed, we should see the count going up. I have had months at a time with daily new follows that have never shown up. I had a new follower an hour ago, my count did not go up. We are angry about this. What is soundcloud doing about this problem?

Hi there Proper,

Thanks for posting and sorry about the troubles. Mh, let's see - I've just started following you (mathisc) and it registered properly under https://soundcloud.com/proper/followers.
Please note that due to a caching bug on our end which turned out to be much more complex to fix then anticipated, on your public profile, you might still see 718 followers instead of 719 - this will update eventually though, and we're hoping our developers can soon improve the caching on our end.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Mathis
Yeah I'm experiencing this same issue. I keep getting notifications of so-and-so is now "following you" but my followers don't exceed 139. Sometimes it jumps to 140, but then back down to 139. I've had at least 10 new followers in the past 2 weeks and it would be good to have those reflected on my profile. Any help or information you could provide would be great. I tried your suggestion of edit profile, then saving. Didn't do a thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

Yeah I'm experiencing this same issue. I keep getting notifications of so-and-so is now "following you" but my followers don't exceed 139. Sometimes it jumps to 140, but then back down to 139. I've had at least 10 new followers in the past 2 weeks and it would be good to have those reflected on my profile. Any help or information you could provide would be great. I tried your suggestion of edit profile, then saving. Didn't do a thing.

Hey there,

I've just started following you with my SoundCloud account mathisc and it registered fine. You're now at 141 followers. Please note that this might be reflected on your profile page only after a bit of a delay. However, you can see me following you here: https://soundcloud.com/wyattoday/followers

To make sure you continue being recognised on SoundCloud by other users, I suggest adding your tracks to groups, following people whose music you enjoy and leaving genuine comments on their tracks. All three of these things can lead people back to your profile and if they enjoy your music they will add and leave comments for you as well!

Additionally, here is a great guide for how to use SoundCloud to your advantage: http://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide

I hope I was able to help! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers
Mathis
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

hi there i been stuck @ 669 for a long time now
i no i been getting alot of following but stays there all the time
can you help me
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

Hi there Major,

I can see you're currently at 671 and I just added myself to the list of followers, which should soon be reflected on your profile 🙂

Cheers
Mathis
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

hi there thanks i see somthink els about cookies and stuff last night and
my count has started to go up but i think i may have lost some of my count over the last
4 months
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

Okay so I have reached the limit on how many people I can follow, 2000 people. What I don't understand is every time someone follows me my count dose not go up. What is going on? I have had at least 20 to 30 people follow me with in two weeks and my count for people following me remains the same. Have I been blocked?

Gina wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry for any frustration or confusion this has caused. You can force an update to your followers list by going to your public profile, clicking the "Edit your profile" button (http://bit.ly/160ARdp) and then just hitting "Save" on the next page. That should refresh the list on your public profile.

Thanks for your patience and understanding! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Gina

i just tried that force update an i lost more followers I'm sure people aren't just unfollowing me , whats the issue????
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

yeh i think ive been stuck around 232 for ages now with loads of adds
https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/not-solved-followers-not-growing?utm_source=no...
I have been experiencing the same, there are some who have followed me but on my profile, it's still stuck with the same number of followers, even the following. I have been following people, and yet it does not reflect on my following count. I could see their posts but couldn't like it esp. if the account is private, though they have accepted me. But when I browsed my IG account on the desktop, it reflects the real number of my followers and following. Why in the app it doesn't? Please help, I have been experiencing this for two weeks already. I have re-installed the app as well. 😞
queenrejeandm wrote:

I have been experiencing the same, there are some who have followed me but on my profile, it's still stuck with the same number of followers, even the following. I have been following people, and yet it does not reflect on my following count. I could see their posts but couldn't like it esp. if the account is private, though they have accepted me. But when I browsed my IG account on the desktop, it reflects the real number of my followers and following. Why in the app it doesn't? Please help, I have been experiencing this for two weeks already. I have re-installed the app as well. :(

Hi there,

Have you had any luck?

I'm having the same problem as everyone on this thread. My count stops at 165 but should be around 180 now.......

Do you know if they are lost forever or are they retrievable?

Cheers,
Noah
queenrejeandm wrote:

I have been experiencing the same, there are some who have followed me but on my profile, it's still stuck with the same number of followers, even the following. I have been following people, and yet it does not reflect on my following count. I could see their posts but couldn't like it esp. if the account is private, though they have accepted me. But when I browsed my IG account on the desktop, it reflects the real number of my followers and following. Why in the app it doesn't? Please help, I have been experiencing this for two weeks already. I have re-installed the app as well. :(

Why my follower number lost about 40 followers in a second a few months ago, and since then my follower numbers don _t go up, although i steadily get new followers??? Can it be that my account is corrupted?
queenrejeandm wrote:

the problem started, when i deleted some fake follower spam accounts last year
Hi,

I seem to have lost around 400 followers in the last couple of weeks and now each time I gain more followers the number seems to be decreasing? I thought I'd leave it for a bit to see if it was a glitch. Is there a problem with fake/spam accounts and is it possible for someone to check my account to see what the situation is?

I have refreshed my account and cleared my cache as suggested above.

Thanks
Wyatt O'Day wrote:

i am stuck in the number 6.808, it does not rise ant more ,
queenrejeandm wrote:

I'm having the same issue, my number is ruck at around 316 and has been for about 3 days. please help because people are following me but it doesn't reflect that.
queenrejeandm wrote:

sound cloud just put up this notice:
Maintenance: Frozen Follow Counts15:40 CET/ 06:40 PST

Hey everyone,

We are currently performing some essential maintenance work on our follows service.

This will mean that follower and following counts on your account will be frozen at their current levels for potentially up to a week from today.

You’ll still be able to follow and be followed as normal but these won’t be reflected in the counts on your profile until the maintenance is complete.

This work should ensure that following on SoundCloud remains stable into the future.

We appreciate your patience on this.

heres a link to the feed

http://status.soundcloud.com/post/139112658885/maintenance-frozen-follow-counts#note-container

Epistrophe Smith wrote:

Hi,

I seem to have lost around 400 followers in the last couple of weeks and now each time I gain more followers the number seems to be decreasing? I thought I'd leave it for a bit to see if it was a glitch. Is there a problem with fake/spam accounts and is it possible for someone to check my account to see what the situation is?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

We are currently performing some essential maintenance work on our follows service.

This will mean that follower and following counts on your account will be frozen at their current levels for potentially up to a week from today.

You’ll still be able to follow and be followed as normal but these won’t be reflected in the counts on your profile until the maintenance is complete.

This work should ensure that following on SoundCloud remains stable into the future.

heres a link to the feed

http://status.soundcloud.com/post/139112658885/maintenance-frozen-follow-counts#note-container

queenrejeandm wrote:

Hey everyone,

heres a link to the feed

Proper wrote:

This is absolute rubbish! I am the managing director of Open Telecom International Ltd www.open-telecom.co.uk and we have our own in-house developer programer, and he could probably fix your problem in less than a week.
queenrejeandm wrote:

does this mean when its working again that our new followers during the maintenance work will show up?
Epistrophe Smith wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

am having the same problem with my followers please fixed that

it is making me crazy