Question

In Stats View Do "Plays" count streams/downloads from your RSS Feed? If I have 100 subscribers on iTunes that listen will that show up?

• 28 October 2015
  • 10 replies

In Stats View Do "Plays" count streams/downloads from your RSS Feed? If I have 100 subscribers on iTunes that all listen will that show up in the "Plays?"

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Here's the article on our help center about RSS stats. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi Mathis, any chance you can answer on this question? Your link does not work. I am finding it really, really hard to get any clarity on this issue. I have asked in another thread, as have others, but still no clear answer. Your help would be very much appreciated.
Mathis, I need an answer to this too. Are plays on iTunes reflected in the stats on Soundcloud or not?
I would like an answer to this as well
I am also looking for this information.
Hey hey,

Here's the article on our help center about RSS stats. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Your link does not work.
Userlevel 1
Hi guys,

I got an answer over here: =16525355#reply_16525355]https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/stats-clarification-please?utm_source=notifica...

However, I think the answer is wrong. I eventually had the brain wave of getting a friend to play a couple of tracks at random on their iTunes account, and sure enough the Soundcloud play count for each episode immediately went up by one.

So my conclusion is that the play figure on your track is a TOTAL of all sources (Soundcloud, iTunes, etc).
So when people download your podcast via iTunes, will those downloads show up in your RSS download statistics page (pro account users only)? Does it take a couple of hours to update? I subscribed to my podcast via iTunes, downloaded it, and it is not showing up as an RSS download in my stats.
Userlevel 1
Hmmmm, I'm not sure. To be fair, I don't really understand what the difference between RSS download and Plays is.
smith take your punk ass off