Answered

Incorrect stats

• 21 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi, I see different stats on my phone SC app (Pulse) and in "deep stats" on desktop (more likes/plays etc) than just overall track info that you see from a profile. Any way to fix that?
icon

Best answer by Jonathan 25 November 2016, 18:07

Hey,

Let's see if I can clarify the reason for this here:

Likes shown on the SoundCloud app (and web version) are not the same than the ones shown on the Pulse app.

The count for likes from the Pulse app does not take into account unlikes. This means if you have 100 likes on a track and then 5 users unlike your track, you will see (after a few hours) 95 likes on the SoundCloud app and on web, but the count on Pulse will still show 100 (meaning that all in all, your track has accumulated 100 likes, even though there have been a few unlikes).

This is why you see a difference between the 'Public Count' on the SoundCloud app and on the web platform and the 'Creator Stats'. The former reflects the current count for likes whereas the latter takes into account all activity that has occurred to a track, as this can be more helpful for Creators, since it ignores factors which the Creator does not have any control over such as users who delete their accounts, fake or spam users get deleted, etc. We believe this gives the Creator a better, more accurate overview on how their music is effectively received and appreciated.

We hope you understand.

Best,
Jonathan.
View original

2 replies

Example
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey,

Let's see if I can clarify the reason for this here:

Likes shown on the SoundCloud app (and web version) are not the same than the ones shown on the Pulse app.

The count for likes from the Pulse app does not take into account unlikes. This means if you have 100 likes on a track and then 5 users unlike your track, you will see (after a few hours) 95 likes on the SoundCloud app and on web, but the count on Pulse will still show 100 (meaning that all in all, your track has accumulated 100 likes, even though there have been a few unlikes).

This is why you see a difference between the 'Public Count' on the SoundCloud app and on the web platform and the 'Creator Stats'. The former reflects the current count for likes whereas the latter takes into account all activity that has occurred to a track, as this can be more helpful for Creators, since it ignores factors which the Creator does not have any control over such as users who delete their accounts, fake or spam users get deleted, etc. We believe this gives the Creator a better, more accurate overview on how their music is effectively received and appreciated.

We hope you understand.

Best,
Jonathan.