Question

Is there a way to see that exact date a song was uploaded?

• 27 October 2015
  • 12 replies

Instead of x months ago or x years ago

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Only if you are the uploader 🙂. You could always ask?

-Gina

-Gina

how do you find this information out? don't seem to see the option anywhere on my profile

-Gina

Mine just gives very approximate time lapses, like "two years". Useless!

-Gina

Gina, what's happening with this issue? I still have this problem.
Why is this question marked as "answered"? This defect still exists in the interface.

Even editing the tracks details does not give the information with greater precision.
Why is this question marked as "answered"? This defect still exists in the interface.

Even editing the tracks details does not give the information with greater precision.

Indeed. Why is it not possible in the iPhone app to see the posting date? Many times I want to see what are the most recent songs of an artist. I now simply can't. And since the order of the songs is also a black box this is extremely annoying. On a laptop it works fine. So why not in the app?
you can see the exact time and date of a Soundcloud media upload only if you can find a way to view the page source code info (ie, if you right-click any page in Google Chrome on Windows 7, as on my setup, you have the option to click 'View Page Source'). navigate to the page for the song you would like the information of, view that page's Source coding, and with the 'Find' feature of your browser (usually Ctrl+F on Chrome for Windows), search for 'pubdate,' and you should be shown the date and time of upload. hope this helps- it sure helped me when i thought of it just now lol.
you can see the exact time and date of a Soundcloud media upload only if you can find a way to view the page source code info (ie, if you right-click any page in Google Chrome on Windows 7, as on my setup, you have the option to click 'View Page Source'). navigate to the page for the song you would like the information of, view that page's Source coding, and with the 'Find' feature of your browser (usually Ctrl+F on Chrome for Windows), search for 'pubdate,' and you should be shown the date and time of upload. hope this helps- it sure helped me when i thought of it just now lol.

Holy shiet, youre right! Nice
Okay. I found an easier solution. Go to the tracks STATS option after clicking th e3 dots on the track. Then scan through the calander. All days after the current day, and before the song was on soundcloud are greyed out. So just look to where stats were N/A in time !! The first date after a lot of grey days is when it was uploaded 🙂
hover your mouse over where its says how old it its like 1 year ago and it will have a little pop up with the exact date
hover your mouse over where its says how old it its like 1 year ago and it will have a little pop up with the exact date
Holy shit HAHA! He's right...we'ere idiots 😁😂

huna ftw!