likes on my tracks dissappearing

• 19 January 2017
  • 2 replies

I am new to SoundCloud as of yesterday and 5 hours ago several of my songs had many more likes than they show now; they just simply disappeared. Some my followers disappeared too. Is this an ongoing problem? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
The likes would probably have been instant likes from spam accounts that hadn't actually played the tracks. Likewise if you're a new user, a lot of your first followers will be spam-bots. You'll need to do a bit of work finding, following and commenting on other artists and labels to start getting real plays, likes and followers.
If you’ve noticed an unexpected, sudden increase in activity on your account, this can sometimes be explained by fake accounts on the platform.

These accounts follow, play, like and repost sounds across the community in order to appear human. The Trust and Safety engineers work hard to detect fake accounts on the platform, but cannot always remove them before they have the chance to make actions on the site.

To stop an account from following, or interacting with you, all you need to do is block them. You will see the option to block an account in the top right of their profile.