Question

Losing Tons of followers

• 7 February 2018
  • 13 replies

Myself, as well as some of my friends have lost tons of followers

Some of my friends randomly realized they unfollowed me; and I signed in to see I'm missing another 200!
I've probably lost over 400 at this point! NO BOTS

Soundcloud you need to fix this; losing tons of hard work.....

13 replies

Having the same issue. I got my follower count up to 310ish and the past 2 weeks I've supposedly gained 20+ followers but my follower count keeps going down. Weirdly I find that I will follow someone and a few days later it wants me to follow them again like I never followed them the first time. Soundcloud has a legitimate issue and its sketchy to see Devs saying that "oh people are just unfollowing you sorry man" or "Those are bots sorry". I will not be renewing my soundcloud Pro subscription until this problem is addressed and fix. I got up to 300 with no problem I don't see why I can't even seem to break it anymore. We're waiting , Soundcloud.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, I've now made sure your follower counts are properly recalculated from our backend. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to fully process. Also, please see here for more info on follower counts, why they might not be growing, etc..

Thank you and all the best
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Don't you think plays in, for example, the first 6 weeks after you upload a track are a better indication of how many people are really following you than all those listed as followers? At the moment there are lots of profiles with professional-looking logos following lots of people but they all have links which are to the same paypal account to buy reposts from them. I presume they have a real person somewhere behind them and it might look nice in your follower list to have lots of names with "network" this and "real support" that, but they aren't listening to you. And they are gradually being kicked off soundcloud.

You might find this tool useful: http://soundcloud.zombiearistocrats.com/
Hi there,

Hmm, I've now made sure your follower counts are properly recalculated from our backend. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to fully process. Also, please see here for more info on follower counts, why they might not be growing, etc..

Thank you and all the best
Mathis

Nice man! Whatever you did (probably nothing) dropped my follower count once again. I have never once paid for listens or follows. I do get reposts from networking pages but since when is a soundcloud profile that just networks music a bad thing? You act like every musician out there that follows me has the time to listen to all my tracks. The fact of the matter is this has been a problem since Soundcloud was apparently going bust 2 years ago. There have been no updates to the platform. No additions. No mention of Soundcloud fixing anything at all. I guess when you got the bills paid by an artist who wants people to put their music out there you took everyone's Pro payments and ran. Don't just take my word for it. This whole support forum is FULL of the same articles about people losing follower counts. I'm sorry, but no, I will not accept that mass amount of people (30-40) at a time are unfollowing me. I'll believe maybe a max of 10 or 15 people may unfollow me, but this is ridiculous that you give the same answer on every forum to artists working hard to try to make a name for themselves. I've already canceled my reoccurring payment for Pro and will not return. My hopes is an honest company steps up and makes a new community. You're hurting the community by deleting repost pages. I understand removing paid repost channels, but channels that listen to the music and reblog should not be getting removed from the service. IF a channel has followers that are real accounts who are you to decide who stays and who goes. It's no longer a community that you are hosting but a sick attempt at a money grab from people putting dedication and hard work into what they make.

F * * K S O U N D C L O U D.
Don't you think plays in, for example, the first 6 weeks after you upload a track are a better indication of how many people are really following you than all those listed as followers? At the moment there are lots of profiles with professional-looking logos following lots of people but they all have links which are to the same paypal account to buy reposts from them. I presume they have a real person somewhere behind them and it might look nice in your follower list to have lots of names with "network" this and "real support" that, but they aren't listening to you. And they are gradually being kicked off soundcloud.

You might find this tool useful: http://soundcloud.zombiearistocrats.com/

You assuming we all just have massive amounts of fake followers?? I have 11. Out of 287. Fake followers are not the problem. Your script seems to think anyone who doesn't post tracks but listens to music and reposts is still a fake account. If that's what you're going off of then I don't even know what to think. All my numbers indicate I shouldn't be losing followers. Plus I have seen first hand people have to either refollow me or relike a track. A friend confirmed this to me just last night at work. She's had to like the same track 3 times because it says she's never liked it. It happens very often now when I follow someone. I will follow someone who follows me and then a few days later ill notice for some reason it says I'm not following them. There are bugs in soundcloud that are not being addressed, but if you want to stick up for another money-grab scam company than you do you, but if you expect every single "real" follower, as you call it, to listen to your music then you're living in your own wonderland, and honestly I wish that was the case, but sadly I know I don't listen to all the people I follow. Hell, I have a theory that until I bought pro my music wasn't even showing up on feeds. I couldn't even find my account in the search bar until I bought pro. Am I wrong there too? We need REAL answers. Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but this company has the worst back-end support and 0 communication about possible bug fixes. We can't even get a decent phone app. They've actually had to make 2 different apps because they are not capable of doing anything correctly. I seriously think everyone left the company and it's 2 people trying to keep their heads above water with 1 back-end support guy oversleeping for work every day. But hey, at least the forum moderator "looked into the back-end". Yea right. I won't be cuckold in my back-end anymore.
Userlevel 3
that's something zombie aristocrat missed the mark on. it categorized 3 people I know on facebook and talk to daily as fake followers. so following someone and not having your own tracks uploaded on your profile is fake, eh? >facepalm
that's something zombie aristocrat missed the mark on. it categorized 3 people I know on facebook and talk to daily as fake followers. so following someone and not having your own tracks uploaded on your profile is fake, eh? >facepalm

Yea. I know its not perfect and a third party script, but still. I lost 10 more followers today. It's ridiculous. They have such a great platform to improve on, but it's like there's literally no one with the lights on at home anymore. They seem to only care about their pages ran by Lil Yachty and other posters with 10k+ followers. I know 300 Followers isn't a lot and I shouldn't be this upset, but I worked hard for what I've earned on my own. I just feel like they've given up on something that has a lot of potential and unfortunately there isn't any other website like soundcloud that has the same popularity. Maybe the days of upcoming artists is dead unless you got rich-boy money to spend on record promotion and social media ads (which harbor more fake accounts than general soundcloud userbase).
Looks like it's time to finally make the move to Youtube and say goodbye to this crappy service. Have fun with your russian podcasts paying for your bills, Soundcloud 😃.
I totally agree @Chronic Synths with your opinion about the potential of Soundcloud and that there's not a good alternative at the moment. I really like Soundcloud but it's racing down the hill the last years. Just as you I've build a nice group of followers. Not as much as you have but for me 1800 is a great number. Yesterday I suddenly dropped from 1845 to 1822 followers and even Unfollowspy can't say what happened. Just like you I didn't use fake plays/bots or whatsoever and if a fake account follows me I'll report them right away.
Why it's so hard for SC to care for every user? We're paying the same amount of money as somebody with a Pro account with 100k users but the service is in my opinion not the same. It makes me feel sad because like you've said before: 'Soundcloud has a great potential'.
You're very correct @Mr. Trancetive. And you have way more followers than I do. I haven't even been able to break 310. I get maybe 3-5 followers a day at this point, but my numbers just aren't moving. I had 284 32+ Hours ago and in the time between then and now I've gained 6 followers but my number has remained at 284. They aren't bots. People like and repost my music. I'm obviously still a growing channel, but it almost feels like it's near impossible for me to reach even 500. I set a goal for myself to reach 1500 followers by the end of this year, but that was when I went from 80 followers to 200 in a matter of 2 weeks. Since then it's been nothing but up and down. I almost hit 300 again 2 weeks ago and suddenly when I was 297 I dropped back down to a stunning 270 followers. It's bullshit. @MathisOwn up and admit Soundcloud has bugs that are not being addressed. You guys haven't even added anything noteworthy to the platform in months.
@Chronic Synths I'm sorry mate. I've mismatched your statistics with those of MAMAMIZ, so I thought that you've lost hundreds of followers. But the amount you've lost is also pretty frustrating and it raises questions about the functionality of SC.

It cost me 6 years to reach 1800 followers and I'm pretty stuck now. I think we can conclude that building a solid fanbase is really challenging and it has it's ups and downs. Are you still active on Soundcloud or did you already switched to Youtube?
@Chronic Synths I'm sorry mate. I've mismatched your statistics with those of MAMAMIZ, so I thought that you've lost hundreds of followers. But the amount you've lost is also pretty frustrating and it raises questions about the functionality of SC.

It cost me 6 years to reach 1800 followers and I'm pretty stuck now. I think we can conclude that building a solid fanbase is really challenging and it has it's ups and downs. Are you still active on Soundcloud or did you already switched to Youtube?

No problem man. I'm still active. I made two songs yesterday and posted em. Funny I was at 283 Followers. My notifications say 7 people followed me last night but my number is still 283 lol.
No problem man. I'm still active. I made two songs yesterday and posted em. Funny I was at 283 Followers. My notifications say 7 people followed me last night but my number is still 283 lol.

Haha lol but nice to hear you're still making music! I'll check your profile and have a listen.