Answered

More Likes than Views

• 21 March 2017
  • 2 replies

I am more likes than views. For example 0 views and 7 likes.
icon

Best answer by Chris Mai 21 March 2017, 22:05

Most likely a bogus spam-bot liking your track without playing, it happens and it sucks but you can always report those fake accounts if you come across them to help the community.
View original

2 replies

Most likely a bogus spam-bot liking your track without playing, it happens and it sucks but you can always report those fake accounts if you come across them to help the community.
The iissue is not bots. this was the same excuse users gave in the Yoputube fiasco. This is Soundcloud doing this, keeping your track down, with some kind of algorithm. they drops groups which clearly helped us rise, they stop Djs from uploading copyrighted songs in the mixes, and suddenly the large label artists arrive and walk in the door with thousands of spinds and likes and comments...Where all these users interested in Soundcloud came from, I dont know. they also made it so you have to download the app on tablets and cellphones or not hear it at all. the App, is nowhere close to being Upload friendly. Its a "Listen to our site" style app. Just like Youtube is now far more "watch our tv" than it is, You upload and gain fame on our platform." this is due to the record industry going after site after site that they wanted "a piece of the action, or else face law suit"/ So we now dont even get the same notifications when the local people we follow upload anything.

So in all truthfulness, this is likely them throttling us back. Not bots. If bots on their system they JUST RECENTLY redesigned are able to thwart their system that easy, then they dont know what they are doing. Its not Bots. Its Soundcloud...So is those "click here to widen your audience" accounts... Its soundcloud making money off the small man, and paying those people in click mills. Just like Youtube did. NOW all the videos that openly exp[osed the youtube click mills which were in the millions of views are not on youtube at all. And ALL accounts that favorited or liked such videos were deleted. To day, you cant poull ONE video up speaking against youtube's throttling efforts against local users, back in 2012. And since they are also Google, the search results wont reveal it anymore either..

This is "net neutrality" at its worst.

When you google "more likes than views soundcloud" this article comes up in the google results... Yet in soundclouds own search engine, "more likes than views" pulls up NO Found Articles". the fact that Google ranks this post as being so popular it is number 1, and yet soundcloud's own search window wont pull it uop at all even if you enter the title of the article? that right there shows you soundcloud themselves are involved in this.

My followers, used to comment on our videos a lot...THEN after the labels attacked soundcloud ....demanding they have a platform more geared towards THEM than us, they stopped being seen. How? so I contacted them asking if they knew we were releasing. They did not...HOWEVER ...the people posting outside the usa are getting GIANT VIEWS, just like the old style...Why? because the reocrd industry cant control them. Copyrights and all that threat only work in the USA.

MY answer will be met with opposition by soundcloud themselves and they will likely close my account. but at this point, who cares? they no longer help ME, so why should I pretend to hand these guys free content anymore? like youtube...WE ALL BUILT this platform and its been yankled from us....If you see my account is gone? then that right there will tell you something...