Question

My 'Followers' and 'Following' counters are stuck.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

323 replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you’ve noticed that your new followers and followings aren’t being accurately reflected in the counters on your profile, this is likely due to some essential maintenance work we’re carrying out on our follows service at the moment.

Whilst this work is being done it’s expected that new followers and followings won’t be reflected properly in counts for users. This work should be completed roughly within a week. After this time, any new followers or followings that haven’t been showing should be added to your counts automatically.

However, please note that the same also applies for followers and followings that are removed during this time. These will only be reflected in your count next week, after the work has been completed. This means that you might notice that your followers don’t increase as you might have expected or in some cases - especially where many spam accounts have been removed - the count could even decrease.

Although the follower counts will essentially be frozen during the maintenance period it is just the count that is affected. You'll still be able to follow and be followed as usual. These new followings just won't be reflected in the number of followers or followings that are present on the account until the maintenance is complete.

Ultimately, the work being undertaken should result in a noticeably better and more stable follows service where followers and followings are reflected in your counts much quicker than they currently are.

I hope this clears things up for you and we really appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
Mathis

my followers are also stuck at 2000 and I only have a couple of hundred in the following page of my profile. I currently cannot follow anyone
Seriously Soundcloud, how is this still an issue? This is the third message I've left, got told it would be fixed within a couple of weeks...about 3 months ago. Absolutely ridiculous, a total lack of any care for paying customers.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Follower count is 300 higher than how many people I actually follow.

I have 20 followers and my account says I have 320
Still having the issue :(

any updates please?
When will you fix this?
This is still an issue! You have got to be kidding me with this nonsense. We currently follow 61 users and our page says we follow 257. Kudos on being the only 'social' service I know that can't get this right.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP! Its says I have 13 followers but when I go to check them it only shows 8..

I am not sure if this is a major glitch but i seem to be the only person with this problem this far. On my profile it says I have thirteen followers but when I click it to see my followers and check out their pages it only shows eight.They are not spam profiles, Some are people I know are real. Also, I apparently have 4 listens and two likes on a song but when I go to stats, it says I have fourteen listens and seven likes. This has been happening pretty much since I made the account, but I thought I would just stop - but it hasnt. Is there any way It can be fixed so I dont have to make a new profile.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers Issue!!!.

Everytime I reach over 1810 followers, Soundcloud brings me back to 1796 followers not too long afterwards. Why does this keep happening?? It's three times that happens in the last 2 months. I am getting natural & genuine followers over time, why is this happening I don't understand whatsoever. I need to know why this is happening...
Userlevel 5
THERE is STILL a problem on July 18, 2016. Why is my follower count hovering and staggering around a certain number.. We need an update.. I have screen shots with time stamps indicating how long this "maintenance" has been going on. I am not stupid.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers number not increasing.

Follower number not increasing, whilst notifications say they are. Ive documented every follower. And no. people arnt unfollowing me at the same rate they are following me. This is a joke. Im about to pay for the service again. But as a marketing tool this function of your site is paramount to how I look in the industry.

Please fix, and dont give me any stories about users unfollowing me. cause i have the data and im not buying it.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not updating.

So I've gotten notifications that people have followed, but the followers show an increased number for a moment and then revert back to the un-updated number. This is the same for following and has been happening for a few days.
Yep, nice one Soundcloud, after fixing the issue (and taking a good 3 months longer than you continuously said would be the case), the follower counts are now broken again, sweet! Just what I wanted. I just can't wait to give you more money again so you can sit there not bothering to fix something that's causing large parts of your loyal customer base a lot of aggravation.

The word ridiculous springs to mind...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not updating.

So I've gotten notifications that people have followed, but the followers show an increased number for a moment and then revert back to the un-updated number. This is the same for following and has been happening for a few days.

same for me !
Yeah, my follower counts are frozen when I log into the full desktop version, but they are fine when I log into the app.
same here, Issue still unsolved? My 'Following' counter shows 505. The actual amount is 73 (manually counted).

I can't tell, if my 'Follower' is correct, because I did not count it manually.

Is there a solution for this issue?
same here, Issue still unsolved? My 'Following' counter shows 505. The actual amount is 73 (manually counted).

I can't tell, if my 'Follower' is correct, because I did not count it manually.

Is there a solution for this issue?

now it properly works.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My page is stuck on a certain number of followers and re-saving profile doesn't u....

My page is stuck on a certain number of followers but when I click inside and manually count them it is far more than what it displays.. Does anyone have a solution for this yet!? I see that many people have this problem but Soundcloud hasn't fixed this yet. Re-saving my profile DOESN'T WORK EITHER.. If someone can please help out or point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

I cannot follow anyone on my account. I cannot download ANY Artistengine tracks. I can't get ANY HELP FROM SOUNDCLOUD...Every week I try to follow artists, every week it looks like something went wrong when I tried to do that!!!! Is there anyone here to help these problems...this forum sucks ass!!!!!! Wake up and fix this problem!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!
as of today i suddenly have 0 followers and 0 following which is not true. is soundcloud under maintenance? if so, why there is no notification about this?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't get any more followers because it stucked on number 160. What should i d....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled followers.

I've often been receiving followers daily for the last month, but my followers count does not grow
Userlevel 5
I was able to screen capture this bug in action!!!

THIS erratic behavior still continues, almost a year later!!!! https://app.hyfy.io/v/abQaJhto6w/ Watch my follower count drop when the page finishes loading. (dont worry, this is not a spam link, or virus, just the host of the video) HOW MUCH PATIENCE DO WE NEED soundcloud?
Still having this problem. Driving me mad.
saludos mathis a mi me pasa lo mismo, estoy siguiendo a usuarios fantasmas, e mi erfil tengo 3 personas siguiendo i cuando habro me sale que no sigo a nadie ayuda

lexzader
However, please note that the same also applies for followers and followings that are removed during this time. These will only be reflected in your count next week, after the work has been completed. This means that you might notice that your followers don’t increase as you might have expected or in some cases - especially where many spam accounts have been removed - the count could even decrease.

Although the follower counts will essentially be frozen during the maintenance period it is just the count that is affected. You'll still be able to follow and be followed as usual. These new followings just won't be reflected in the number of followers or followings that are present on the account until the maintenance is complete.

Ultimately, the work being undertaken should result in a noticeably better and more stable follows service where followers and followings are reflected in your counts much quicker than they currently are.

I hope this clears things up for you and we really appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
Mathis[/quote]