Question

My 'Followers' and 'Following' counters are stuck.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

323 replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you’ve noticed that your new followers and followings aren’t being accurately reflected in the counters on your profile, this is likely due to some essential maintenance work we’re carrying out on our follows service at the moment.

Whilst this work is being done it’s expected that new followers and followings won’t be reflected properly in counts for users. This work should be completed roughly within a week. After this time, any new followers or followings that haven’t been showing should be added to your counts automatically.

However, please note that the same also applies for followers and followings that are removed during this time. These will only be reflected in your count next week, after the work has been completed. This means that you might notice that your followers don’t increase as you might have expected or in some cases - especially where many spam accounts have been removed - the count could even decrease.

Although the follower counts will essentially be frozen during the maintenance period it is just the count that is affected. You'll still be able to follow and be followed as usual. These new followings just won't be reflected in the number of followers or followings that are present on the account until the maintenance is complete.

Ultimately, the work being undertaken should result in a noticeably better and more stable follows service where followers and followings are reflected in your counts much quicker than they currently are.

I hope this clears things up for you and we really appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
Mathis

Appreciated this answer. Looking forward to see if this get fixed. If there anything our team at Beach House Session can help you with please let us know. We got a lot of data saved up to check our progress.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My page is stuck on a certain number of followers and re-saving profile doesn't u....

My page is stuck on a certain number of followers but when I click inside and manually count them it is far more than what it displays.. Does anyone have a solution for this yet!? I see that many people have this problem but Soundcloud hasn't fixed this yet. Re-saving my profile DOESN'T WORK EITHER.. If someone can please help out or point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my follower count will not increase !!!!!!!!!!!!! why?!?!?!?!.

this is so ridiculous i see so many problems of this same nature with countless other users and i just want a fix of this annoying problem. do not tell me that people are unfollowing me witht eh same exact number of new followers, because i have been stuck at exactly 998 for about 4 days now and im getting sick of it.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my followers aren't going up , I've been stuck on the same number.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I get 25 new followers this week and my counter still stuck at 1067.

Hello, in the last week i get about 25 new followers, and the counter still stuck at 1067 for one week. what i should do? its that a general problem?

I tryed with diferent computers, with friends accounts, with firefox & chrome on mac, with PC, i diferent places, and every were appears the same.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled STATS WON'T REFRESH..

Hi, I recently had a problem. My soundcloud account won't refresh my stats. For example, I am only following 40+ accounts but it says i follow 89 accounts.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I show 46 followers. Here is My Question.. WHY do I have the pictures of 52 Peop....

Good afternoon. wtf I show 46 followers. that is ok and I would be happy having more than 1. BUT, Here is My Question.. WHY do I have the pictures of 52 People inmy followers page??? Gee thought it was basic math. have 46 and 6 new people = 52..... wow !! must be listed under new math or something?? 46 + 6 = 52 wow ... PLEASE FIX.. Then you can have a nice day...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Follower and following numbers are incorrect.

When I look at my profile, it says I have 323 followers but if I count the tiles, I have 339. I have been stuck at 323 despite the fact that I get additional follower notifications.

Thanks for your help.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi, Follower count problems.

Hi, my follower count won't update when I receive new followers, It's been a couple of days since this has began, and the new followers I've received besides one are personal friends so the possibility of the fake account isn't really confirmed in this? Please let me know!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled please tell me why the follower count on my profile isn't changing yet i'am recei....

please tell me why the follower count on my profile isn't changing yet i'am receiving followers notification but the number is not increasing, i see many people are reporting about this, we will be grateful if you fix that as soon as possible
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have 180 followers and soundcloud only show 53.

I have 180 followers on soundcloud and only appear 53 followers. What happen?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers number.

Since days i have more follower items than the number shows (389) I also following other people, but the number (137) nothing change... that still few days...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers number.

Since days i have more follower items than the number shows (389) I also following other people, but the number (137) nothing change... that still few days...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my followers doesn't increase.

hello i got 123 follower but in my profile it says 118 why it doesn't increase?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why doesnt my followers go over 899?.

My followers wont go over 899? when i have more people following me everyday
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled the numbers of followers and to follow are wrong, are blocked, how do I fix? than....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When someone follows me it does NOT increase the number of my followers..I can se....

When someone follows me it does NOT increase the number of my followers, in the last few days about 10 people started following me and the number of my followers is still 561, can you guys tell me whats the problem with it and how can i fix it?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not growing!.

Hi
I have problem with my soundcloud account. My followers list stopped on 660 and i don't understand why. Please help me

Please review the official response on this convo here (all the way up) for clarification as to why your followers count is currently stuck.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud not counting followers and who I follower? Please help..

Been receiving follows and following people the last week or so, but soundcloud hasn't been counting them.

soundcloud.com/charlieshuffler

Please review the official response on this convo here (all the way up) for clarification as to why your followers count is currently stuck.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The following/follower section problem.

I am following more than 20 people but it shows that on my profile I follow no one. I think there is a bug, It's been 3 days and the problem still continues. I tried deleting the cache but it didn't work.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Follower Count Stuck.

My follower count is stuck. It lists 73, yet if I count them individually inside "Followers" I have 84, which is what i expect. What's going on here? It clearly isn't a case of people unfollowing me, I can count them in my followers. The counter just is not working.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stuck/Inaccurate Following/Follower List.

So for 3-4 days my follower/following count has been screwy/stuck. Both lists are inaccurate. The follower number updated once but is stuck again. Now my following number is all messed up too...it says I'm following 400
and hasn't budged for DAYS. I know it's at least 420+. then when I go
to the actual list and count, it says 360!? So now both are extremely
inaccurate.

Come on SoundCloud; how can you give such detailed
stats that work perfectly, but can't even get the basic function of
keeping count of followers/following? This seems like such a basic site
function that should have been resolved YEARS ago. Especially irritated
because I pay for pro for the extra stats, but can't even view my
follower/following accurately? Really feel like I should have reconsidered the pro account honestly....

This is the second time in 3 weeks....pretty absurd....updates or not, this is such a simple function it blows me away...
And yes I have tried just about every trick here in the help center so "Gina's" generic response does not really apply.....

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why does my soundcloud show i'm following 700 people when i'm only following arou....

I am currently following around 150-200 people on soundcloud and it is showing that I am following over 700.
I used to follow that amount of people but I unfollowed alot in order to tidy up my profile as most of the account were inactive.
I would like it to show the correct amount of people I am following!
Can anyone help?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not showing up lately and its not because of fake or suspended account.

The # of followers I have has been stuck at 352 for a few days.. I have 271 if u want to count them here https://soundcloud.com/uncl-fvilll/followers but on my main page its 352 https://soundcloud.com/uncl-fvilll. I've also think ive been using likes lately but im too lazy to go through all my notifications and count.. There seems to be a bunch of people with this same problem and on other posts you guys are saying its because of fake account that got deleted or suspended but this is obviously NOT the case as i'm not the only one with this trouble..

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Many new followers follow my account but why my follower count no change and no u....

Many people follow my soundcloud newly but why my follower count no up and no change?