Question

My 'Followers' and 'Following' counters are stuck.

My 'Followers' and 'Following' counters on my profile are stuck. It's been a few days now and they still haven't updated. I have had several follows and followed other artists. My counters update momentarily although after I refresh the page they go back the way the were previously. I have searched everywhere online and can't find a solution that works.

Hopefully this issue can be resoled. It would be hugely appreciated as it's driving me crazy.

This topic has been closed for comments

323 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you’ve noticed that your new followers and followings aren’t being accurately reflected in the counters on your profile, this is likely due to some essential maintenance work we’re carrying out on our follows service at the moment.

Whilst this work is being done it’s expected that new followers and followings won’t be reflected properly in counts for users. This work should be completed roughly within a week. After this time, any new followers or followings that haven’t been showing should be added to your counts automatically.

However, please note that the same also applies for followers and followings that are removed during this time. These will only be reflected in your count next week, after the work has been completed. This means that you might notice that your followers don’t increase as you might have expected or in some cases - especially where many spam accounts have been removed - the count could even decrease.

Although the follower counts will essentially be frozen during the maintenance period it is just the count that is affected. You'll still be able to follow and be followed as usual. These new followings just won't be reflected in the number of followers or followings that are present on the account until the maintenance is complete.

Ultimately, the work being undertaken should result in a noticeably better and more stable follows service where followers and followings are reflected in your counts much quicker than they currently are.

I hope this clears things up for you and we really appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

We've seen a lot of continued confusion about follower counts displayed inaccurately or with significant jumps. This is a direct result of our follower database maintenance coming to a conclusion. We will update this conversation again when numbers have stabilized.

Thank you everyone for hanging in there. We know how important your fanbase is and appreciate your patience.

All the best,
Gina & Mathis
Seriously Soundcloud, how is this still an issue? This is the third message I've left, got told it would be fixed within a couple of weeks...about 3 months ago. Absolutely ridiculous, a total lack of any care for paying customers.
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you’ve noticed that your new followers and followings aren’t being accurately reflected in the counters on your profile, this is likely due to some essential maintenance work we’re carrying out on our follows service at the moment.

Whilst this work is being done it’s expected that new followers and followings won’t be reflected properly in counts for users. This work should be completed roughly within a week. After this time, any new followers or followings that haven’t been showing should be added to your counts automatically.

However, please note that the same also applies for followers and followings that are removed during this time. These will only be reflected in your count next week, after the work has been completed. This means that you might notice that your followers don’t increase as you might have expected or in some cases - especially where many spam accounts have been removed - the count could even decrease.

Although the follower counts will essentially be frozen during the maintenance period it is just the count that is affected. You'll still be able to follow and be followed as usual. These new followings just won't be reflected in the number of followers or followings that are present on the account until the maintenance is complete.

Ultimately, the work being undertaken should result in a noticeably better and more stable follows service where followers and followings are reflected in your counts much quicker than they currently are.

I hope this clears things up for you and we really appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
Mathis

i hope too, or i will not continue to pay for a pro account
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Big increase of likes, shares followed you but counter does not budge!.

So we have been on Soundcloud for 2+ years. 2016 we decided to rebrand the look of our 185 playlists and it showed great results. As we work in the music business we take numbers seriously to measure any progress being.

We have a team that scout for music on daily basis. Who also refresh the page several time a day, as soon as the red dot appears over notifications to see how many likes, shares, followers we got. We see that people interact with our page every about every 3rd minute, by clicking like, share and follow. So what does not make sense is that the activity has increased a lot. We have playlists that has blown up 3000, 4000 and 5000 likes with close to 1000 shares on single playlists.

It would be logic to think that if all numbers are increasing and more users are interacting with the page now than ever before. The loss of users wouldn't ever reach the same pace as we are gaining members. Thats just why this post don't make any sense. http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2167070

The counter just recently (last 2 weeks) stopped at 583 and does not budge! Our stats built on the notification stats on Soundcloud claim that we have gained 136 followers since 29th of January, 2016. With these facts and the positive trend on the page on all factors we have a difficult time to believe that more people are unfollowing the page than following.

Is there a cache error causing this? Is it able to refresh our account on your end?

Hi there Beach House of Progress,

Thanks for reaching out and for documenting your issue so thoroughly. Please review the official response on this convo here (all the way up) for clarification as to why your followers count is currently stuck.

All the best,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have stopped following artists, but my following count has not changed..

I have stopped following artists, but my following count has not changed. To test I stopped following an artist I had been following for a bit. When my following count not change, I followed the same artist again to see what would happen. My following count continues to increase, even when I simply follow the same artist I just stopped following.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers don't update.

Hello i have a problem since a few days , everytime i have a new follower, my account stay at 332 it won't grow up and i don't understand why, please help.

Pierre
Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

Hello,
My problem is I have made my Soundcloud profile 2 day ago and I have been following about 2006 people and my follower count started growing to about 250 followers,but when I woke up this morning my follower count is showing 0 followers, but when I click on my followers it shows people following me. I don't understand whats going on please anyone help me this is annoying
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Following count still wrong!!!!! Please help???.

Please have a look? For months now my following count is way off it says 1600ish but its really about 80. Im paying for a pro unlimited account so im doing my part at least, please could you do your side? 🙂
This is getting ridiculous now SoundCloud. I was told it would be fixed 'within a couple of weeks' about 6 weeks ago. If you can't be bothered to fix something like this, which is causing a large section of your paying customers far too much stress, then in my book that screams lack of professionalism, care, or productivity to try and remedy the situation. Soundcloud is becoming laughable in the extreme.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Follower Count Not Changing Bug....

Hey Guys

Having a (common) problem with SoundCloud regarding my Followers count not moving.

There seem to be a fair few problems with this for other users as well, & the general explanation offered by the moderators (Gina etc.) are to do with spam.

Although this may be the case in some instances, I'm convinced it's a bug that they either are somewhat unaware of, or just not admitting.

I started a new account not long ago, & after hitting a certain number of followers it's hit a plateau (even though when you go into the actual "Followers" list on the profile page, it shows each new follower added).

Also to test this was to do with spam, I tried following the new account with my old one (the old one is a paid / pro account, & I'm still very active on it). Although I received a notification saying the old account was a new follower, the number did not move. Then I unfollowed it a little while later & that didn't register either (the old account is having no issues whatsoever with followers, so I find it a little odd.)

If somebody please help solve this, that would be great!

Thanks
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Number of Followers increases after beeing stuck and then drops back again to pre....

My followers count, after beeing stuck for several days ,has finally picked up the new followers and the count was corrected.....a bit later through on another refresh of the profile, it has dropped back to the (exact) previous count , as if none of the new followers was ever counted....anyone having the same issues?Please moderators dont come with the typical answer of fake profiles doing it to get follows and likes......find the problem and fix it....the job of the average musician in SC is to create music and not spend his productive time trying to recover his long spent hours of self promotion online due to your technical bugs....
Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

Mine still isn't working properly. Do you have a new time frame for when it will be fixed?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers Issue!!!.

Everytime I reach over 1810 followers, Soundcloud brings me back to 1796 followers not too long afterwards. Why does this keep happening?? It's three times that happens in the last 2 months. I am getting natural & genuine followers over time, why is this happening I don't understand whatsoever. I need to know why this is happening...
Still having this problem. Driving me mad.
Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

My "Following" counter is stuck again, it says I am following 38 users, but I dont follow anyone...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Follower Count Stuck.

My follower count is stuck. It lists 73, yet if I count them individually inside "Followers" I have 84, which is what i expect. What's going on here? It clearly isn't a case of people unfollowing me, I can count them in my followers. The counter just is not working.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stuck/Inaccurate Following/Follower List.

So for 3-4 days my follower/following count has been screwy/stuck. Both lists are inaccurate. The follower number updated once but is stuck again. Now my following number is all messed up too...it says I'm following 400
and hasn't budged for DAYS. I know it's at least 420+. then when I go
to the actual list and count, it says 360!? So now both are extremely
inaccurate.

Come on SoundCloud; how can you give such detailed
stats that work perfectly, but can't even get the basic function of
keeping count of followers/following? This seems like such a basic site
function that should have been resolved YEARS ago. Especially irritated
because I pay for pro for the extra stats, but can't even view my
follower/following accurately? Really feel like I should have reconsidered the pro account honestly....

This is the second time in 3 weeks....pretty absurd....updates or not, this is such a simple function it blows me away...
And yes I have tried just about every trick here in the help center so "Gina's" generic response does not really apply.....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why does my soundcloud show i'm following 700 people when i'm only following arou....

I am currently following around 150-200 people on soundcloud and it is showing that I am following over 700.
I used to follow that amount of people but I unfollowed alot in order to tidy up my profile as most of the account were inactive.
I would like it to show the correct amount of people I am following!
Can anyone help?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not growing!.

Hi
I have problem with my soundcloud account. My followers list stopped on 660 and i don't understand why. Please help me

Please review the official response on this convo here (all the way up) for clarification as to why your followers count is currently stuck.
Hey there,

Cheers
Mathis

Hope this can be resolved soon. I've been working hard to promote myself, and it's a real bummer when it doesn't show : (
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers not showing up lately and its not because of fake or suspended account.

The # of followers I have has been stuck at 352 for a few days.. I have 271 if u want to count them here https://soundcloud.com/uncl-fvilll/followers but on my main page its 352 https://soundcloud.com/uncl-fvilll. I've also think ive been using likes lately but im too lazy to go through all my notifications and count.. There seems to be a bunch of people with this same problem and on other posts you guys are saying its because of fake account that got deleted or suspended but this is obviously NOT the case as i'm not the only one with this trouble..
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud not counting followers and who I follower? Please help..

Been receiving follows and following people the last week or so, but soundcloud hasn't been counting them.

soundcloud.com/charlieshuffler

Please review the official response on this convo here (all the way up) for clarification as to why your followers count is currently stuck.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My following/Followers count is wrong. It’s been broken for MONTHS. While I STILL....

My following count is wrong. I follow less than 200 people, it says I follow 1700 plus people. I just unfollowed many. My followers count has also been stuck at 975. Will this be fixed? Ive been paying for almost 2 years now. NOT HAPPY. Its like this on my Android & My Mac Book Pro. my email is thedjhardnox@yahoo.com

this is asking for clarification why FOLLOWING count is wrong, not followers.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Many new followers follow my account but why my follower count no change and no u....

Many people follow my soundcloud newly but why my follower count no up and no change?