Question

My own likes, comments etc. are showing up in my notifications.

On top of that, my notifications are buggy and not showing up properly. I get the notification symbol but there's never a new notification in the drop box.
Google Chrome v 44.0.2403.157 m
Windows 7 32bit

19 replies

Userlevel 5
NOT SOLVED... 9-27-16
Userlevel 3
I don't understand why this was marked "solved." I made my own thread on Monday (before this thread was created) and for some reason mine had been "merged" into this thread as a mere reply and the thread has been marked solved. Nothing has been solved what so ever, the problem is exactly the same as before.

I am still receiving notifications throughout the day about my own likes. The seem to be gone the next day, but whenever I like new tracks to my collection it am notified about it - the exact same problem that's been happening since Monday. It appears many people are also experiencing the issue and would like it to be fixed.

In what way was this problem solved? If the thread (that I did not create) is marked solved, it leads me to believe that the issue will not be looked into any further, and it definitely needs to be.

It's weird, it only reminds you of the same notification twice if you switch browser and/or computers, such strange coding.

And the notifications about your own replies like they are new comments, well now that's just lazy.

http://mikekraze.com
Userlevel 3
Same. Hope they resolve it soon
they wont, this shit has been happening forever. with all notifications, not just your own activities. every time I log on, I get that orange dot, but it's the same notfication I acknowledged last time
Userlevel 3
Come on SoundCloud, this is just insane. This has been a bug for at least a year. And it's not just about my own actions. I'll get a notification about a like, click on it so it oes away, and then it's back again 3 minutes later. That's gotta be one of the most simple things to solve, and it's been an issue FOR YEARS.
Userlevel 3
I don't understand why this was marked "solved." I made my own thread on Monday (before this thread was created) and for some reason mine had been "merged" into this thread as a mere reply and the thread has been marked solved. Nothing has been solved what so ever, the problem is exactly the same as before.

I am still receiving notifications throughout the day about my own likes. The seem to be gone the next day, but whenever I like new tracks to my collection it am notified about it - the exact same problem that's been happening since Monday. It appears many people are also experiencing the issue and would like it to be fixed.

In what way was this problem solved? If the thread (that I did not create) is marked solved, it leads me to believe that the issue will not be looked into any further, and it definitely needs to be.

Yup
Same. Hope they resolve it soon

It's solved because they don't care.
I just noticed the same, had to come to see if someone else had already asked about it.

So please can someone tell why do we suddenly get notified about the tracks we ourselves have just liked? We already know we liked them, for gods sake it was us who pushed the tiny heart shaped button in the first place!

So dear Soundcloud and forum moderators, why on earth has this started?

They seemed to stop for about a day, but now I'm seeing my own likes again.
Happening to me too. It's getting very annoying.
Same with me. This problem hasn't gone away. Also when people reply to my comments this isn't showing up in my notifications 😕
i too am experiencing the same and it is extremely irritating

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Receiving notifications about my own activity.

I've noticed that my own notification feed is listing tracks I have liked - something I don't really need to be notified about. I've never had this happen before, and it seems to have just started today. (Aug 24, 2015) I've looked everywhere in settings but can't seem to find anything regarding this, so I'm wondering if it's some strange bug. (Or is it a new feature? If so, how can I turn it off?)

I did notice that people had raised this issue in the forums about two months ago, so I figured I would do the same. I'm not sure if it might just fix itself or if there is something needing to be done, but at least it's on the record!

Thanks for your time, really appreciate the effort you guys put in to make Soundcloud such an excellent service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I just noticed the same, had to come to see if someone else had already asked about it.

So please can someone tell why do we suddenly get notified about the tracks we ourselves have just liked? We already know we liked them, for gods sake it was us who pushed the tiny heart shaped button in the first place!

Yup, indeed a bug. No further notifications should come from your own profile however we could not remove the notifications that had already been sent out.

-Gina
Userlevel 1

Could be a bug but part of me would not be surprised if it's intentional. After all, it's always been the case that they notify you when you reply to someone's comment ... which is honestly the stupidest design decision ever. So I wouldn't put it passed them. But let's hope that it is indeed a bug that will be resolved shortly, because it really creates a frustrating experience ...

Same thing is happening to me as well.

I started seeing the same behavior last week.