Question

Not all likes i get show up on my profile

Userlevel 1
Not all the like I get according to my notifications show up on my tracks.

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Hoodrat,

Can you please give me a specific example? Also, users are allowed to like and unlike which is why you may see the notification but not the like on your track. Unfortunately some users take advantage of this in hopes that you will follow or like their material back.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Best,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,
yes, i know about that phenomenon that people like stuff and take it back. But that normally doesent happen that often as in my case.
On my profile i can see for instance one song has 4 likes but when i click on it to see who liked it, it only shows three people.
I investigated a little bit more: as i said some of my songs have fewer likes than listed in the notification but when i look at the likes-list of those people (who liked my song), my song is still enlisted there.
So i guess this is some sort of bug?!
Or maybe I just suck as an investigator 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Gina,
yes, i know about that phenomenon that people like stuff and take it back. But that normally doesent happen that often as in my case.
On my profile i can see for instance one song has 4 likes but when i click on it to see who liked it, it only shows three people.
I investigated a little bit more: as i said some of my songs have fewer likes than listed in the notification but when i look at the likes-list of those people (who liked my song), my song is still enlisted there.
Or maybe I just suck as an investigator :D

Hi again Hoodrat,

BTW, I feel awful calling you that!

Anyway, so couple questions for you. If the user is not showing up then how do you know which profile to look at to see if you are showing up in their likes? Does the user show up on your likes page and then disappear? Second, can you send over a specific track and profile as an example of where this is happening so that we can investigate? We don't suck at investigating 😉 and neither do you!

Thanks,
Gina
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,

Hi Gina,

I was just kidding, theres no way i suck at investigating :P

heres my profile: https://soundcloud.com/fuckthisshitim...

if you look at the track "pale" it says : 3 likes but if you klick on the stats of the track than there are 4 people enlisted who liked it.

(Btw thats how i looked people up, cause i can still see them when i click on stats)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Gina,

Hi again Sherlock ;-)

Thanks for following up on this and sorry about the ongoing confusion around this.

Here's what I see when going to the track page:
http://cl.ly/image/0t1y1F0v1p0d

And then click on the "likes" icon:
http://cl.ly/image/0K45182T1418

Now, if under the track page you saw a "3" until most recently, then this was likely due to a caching delay which is caused by a bug on our end, admittedly. This can affect stats like reposts and likes on the actual track page, and our developers are looking for a way to fix this, which turns out be much more complex then initially thought given how our codebase currently works. We're hoping to being able to improve this soon.

Hope this helps to shed some light on this issue - thank you for your patience about this, it is much appreciated!

All the best,
Watson
Hi Gina,

hello!
i've had the same problem but it's been fixed; However today all of my likes have disappeared though in my statistics they still appear.?
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,

Having the same problem
Hi Gina,

all of my like have disappeared completely. nothing appeared. 100 gone. and this only happened on 2 tracks. wtf. today
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina,

what is happening, WHAT IS HAPPENING??? Im scared and startled...
Hi Gina,

I want all my likes back 😞
Hi Gina,

Same thing happening on my end w the likes.. wtf..
Hi Gina,

Same here..... All mine are gone.
Hi Gina,

mine tooo?!!! soundcloud please fix this!
Userlevel 6
Hi Guys,

A quick update for you.

Soundcloud engineers are now working on the issue :)

Here is their Site Status Blog update regarding it incase you've not seen it:

http://status.soundcloud.com/post/114788604415/likes-disappearing#note-container

Regards

DJ R.I.P
My likes are still not showing up on one of my tracks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We're working on it, thanks for your patience!

Best,
Gina
on the soundcloud status page, it is said that the issue has been resolved however i am still experiencing this problem!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Mikey,

All of your likes are not showing up still? Can you please send us over a screenshot of what you see?

-Gina
mine are back - thank you for checking in!
Hi Gina,

i'm losing most my likes hurts. thought glitch was fixed but i'm getting it worse than when they announced it. hope coming back for yall, and at least some return. much love to all just a bummer
it's only a couple of likes lost per track, but for almost all tracks and admittedly low amount to begin with, why hurts. one file went from 8 or 9 to 4 like, things like that. seems like a glitch still and not people unliking i've not had that be an issue before. sorry and thanks, please help
Files that have been "liked" for mixes i've posted aren't showing the correct display figures even though i've received the notification "bell" plenty of times. Am on a Pro-plan and wasnt expecting these kind of glitches. Can anyone help directly or do i have to email it in as a specific/separate issue? Any help would be gratefully appreciated
NOT FIXED.. notifications shown me a few likes but they are not displayed on my track??
NOPE no likes being shown
Userlevel 1
When i click on my tracks and then on more stats -> overall it says for instance 41 likes but only 15 are shown on my profile. But then the track would have stats like: 63 plays and 41 likes which seems too good to be true...
these days I see lots of people like "user314134234" or they have half naked chics as profile pics. So maybe there was a bug and they fixed it AND there are a lot of fake profiles going around that set fake likes that dissapear right after?