Question

Not Getting Noticed

• 22 September 2016
  • 6 replies

i don't understand why no one is playing my tracks. Is it my network, my profile's standout? I had great hopes at first but now I feel led astry.

6 replies

yeah I got the same problem
GROUPS used to be the best way to get exposure... but Soundcloud in one of the most baffling moves ever got rid of this valuable feature. It's virtually impossible get visibility now.
The removal of groups is really frustrating and it has completely killed any plays for most artists who are not well known. Uploading your music here now is virtually pointless only to use as storage.

That being said, I feel if your music is good enough, it will get noticed, somehow, somewhere...so I guess we all gotta improve our productions, maybe send off demos to labels the old fashioned way and hopefully get noticed that way. I'm taking this move as inspiration to get better, to learn and to improve my productions.

Skrillex was unknown at one point....
Yeah, the groups feature deleted. I noticed too. Sometimes I think SoundCloud shifted to gimmickry.

I hear you on the old fashion sending tracks to labels. I did that myself occasionally but then fear instilled that my works may be used in unethical or even illegal ways. No replies and sometimes them too, I get the sense of gimmickry at their end.
Hey man do covers. The SoundCloud community isn't looking for your songs. But if you make a cover to a popular song your chances of getting heard will skyrocket. You should also focus on growing followers on twitter and Instagram to cross promote. Just pretty much gave you the secret. The only thing I have a hard time figuring out is how to get more people to follow you on SoundCloud. Lots of people play my music regularly but rarely hit the follow bottom. Maybe there is not enough need for SoundCloud users to have to follow someone as of yet. I'm hoping they figure this out really soon! I'm about to make a thread on this topic. Let's see what people have to say.
Hey man do covers. The SoundCloud community isn't looking for your songs. But if you make a cover to a popular song your chances of getting heard will skyrocket. You should also focus on growing followers on twitter and Instagram to cross promote. Just pretty much gave you the secret. The only thing I have a hard time figuring out is how to get more people to follow you on SoundCloud. Lots of people play my music regularly but rarely hit the follow bottom. Maybe there is not enough need for SoundCloud users to have to follow someone as of yet. I'm hoping they figure this out really soon! I'm about to make a thread on this topic. Let's see what people have to say.
Interesting. Thank you