Answered

One of my tracks got botted plays against my will. May I have those plays removed?

• 14 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I recently went through a promotion service to try to get my newest track www.soundcloud.com/hakobomusic/push some exposure. They said on their description and even after I asked them personally to make sure that they would not be botting my song full of views. One week later and my song has gone up 6,000 plays in less than an hour without any likes or shares. These are obviously bot plays and I do not want them. I would normally just repost the track, but I've done a good job getting the likes and plays I already do have and even had the original artist of the remix I made like and share it which is a big deal to me. I just want the plays that were obviously botted removed and to keep my genuine plays. Is that possible?
icon

Best answer by Oorlab 14 December 2017, 23:17

probably not - a server call is all that is in the logfiles. My advice, take down your track and repost it afresh. you could make the corrupted song private and try to figure who liked and commented and comment & like these people's track to keep the connection.
Can you give the name of the corrupt promotion service?
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
probably not - a server call is all that is in the logfiles. My advice, take down your track and repost it afresh. you could make the corrupted song private and try to figure who liked and commented and comment & like these people's track to keep the connection.
Can you give the name of the corrupt promotion service?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Unfortunately that is what these "promotion" services do. They take your money and mess up your track. They probably hope you'll spend more money to buy fake comments and followers to match the plays they've given you.
Please name the scam company.

Also, almost all the reposts I can see are obvious bots.
https://soundcloud.com/hakobomusic/push/reposts
If you have the time it would be worth blocking and reporting those,
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
A basic search gave these names - Devumi, BuyPlays.co, Hypeddit, Click DJ,
I would not use any of these, payola in the digital age.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payola