Question

"Other tracks" are getting... negative plays?

• 21 December 2015
  • 20 replies

I'm looking at my stats for my tracks and seeing that "other tracks" for this last week have gotten -29 plays. So while my tracks have gotten an actual total of 207 plays, it says at the top of the graph that I have a total of 178 plays. What on earth does this mean?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles. Given it's been a moment since you wrote to us, is this issue persistent for you? Otherwise, I would assume this might have been a temporary glitch. An alternate explanation for this to happen could be if you manually set the time & date on your computer to a different date.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles. Given it's been a moment since you wrote to us, is this issue persistent for you? Otherwise, I would assume this might have been a temporary glitch. An alternate explanation for this to happen could be if you manually set the time & date on your computer to a different date.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

I am having the same issue.

My most recent track has 933 listens, but other tracks = negative 565 listens.

Userlevel 2
Same ! it was not temporary !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Just came across this case and have forwarded it to our engineers. I'll update here once I hear back from them.

Best
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
P.S.: We're having difficulties reproducing this issue at this point for your accounts. Are you still seeing negative stats numbers, or could it be that this glitch has been sorted in the meantime?
Userlevel 2
It seems to be OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
It seems to be OK.
Glad to hear that! Thanks for following up.
I am having the same problem with my account, Other tracks has been appearing on my stats for awhile and I feel like I am missing out plays because of it. Is there a way to solve the problem to show all the plays.

Thank you
I am having the same problem with my account too. With negative other tracks (-71). Yesterday, I have one -1 which desappear after a while, and today the same, one -1 appeared, with for the last 7 days an count of 7 plays at the top of stats page to the left under "stats" and at the bottom was written 8 plays of my track.
After, I played the track (in sign out) to see what happens and so my play was immediatly counted because the plays count on the page of my track changed but on the stats page, the count at the bottom is 8 plays of my track and at the top 8 plays. So I think it means that I lost 1 play ??
Actually, on my track page, there is 715 plays and on the stats page, at the bottom "titres les plus écoutés, with the tittle of my track, it is written 766.
Can you help me please ???
I forgot to say that the total at the top to the left on the stats page is 695 ...
Thank you for helping me.
Having this issue as well.

And also as a hopefully unrelated thing, several of my songs are showing that they have comments, but once you click through to the song there's nothing there. I'm not too concerned about that because I saw the comments when they were first posted, and they sounded super spammy, but it's kind of annoying to see 6 comments listed in my stats that aren't actually there.
It seems to be OK.
Hello, Mathis. I have the same problem. Can you fix it?

having the same issue
i have 2 sets , first one has a total of 1041. second one has a total of 259 and the total plays are 1159 ??? the reason is that i have -141 ????? this is very frustrating and it doesn't make sense
I also am having the exact same issue. my numbers are smaller but I'm mostly just confused as to why it's happening.
I also am having the exact same issue. i'm just confused about that my tracks are played or not.
Same issue. Get on it Soundcloud
Same issue here, negative play count for "Other tracks"
Same issue - not sure if it's helpful to jump on this but i sure would like to see it fixed as 80% of my plays are being removed (or something).
@Soundcloud- any ideas why we all seem to have "other tracks"
@Soundcloud- any ideas why we all seem to have "other tracks"
Some kind of problem in the Sound Cloud Stats system.