Question

'Other tracks' in main stats page

• 20 August 2016
  • 11 replies

I am a new Pro User. I only have 2 tracks.
Episode 1 shows 426 plays, Episode 2 shows 80 plays, other tracks shows 110 plays.
What other tracks?
The graph shows that Episode 2 has had 179 plays. Does the stats page work?
I have checked previous posts and most answers refer to the 'top 50' issue in Country & User Stats. This issue is on my main stats.
The other response is tha Soundcloud only shows data for the top 5 tracks. I only have 2!

11 replies

I would also dearly love an answer to this question, nobody seems to know- and Soundcloud keep directing people to an FAQ which is irrelevant, so maybe they don't know either!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why are all of my plays being counted as "other"?.

I've recently gotten many plays, but I can't see all of the songs laid out with the play counts. Every single play is being counted as other. I know one song in particular has gotten well over fifty plays, but it says the top specific song played is something else that has 6 plays. Why is everything reading incorrectly? I should add that the plays being counted as "other" are a new upload from maybe 24 hours ago or so. Does this happen often to new uploads?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I've reached out to our engineers to find out more about this. They've confirmed that this is due to a data inconsistency. The inconsistency re-aligns itself after some time, but I can understand that this is confusing at first.

The data team is looking into this and is working on improving this in the future.

Best
Mathis
It seems that this issue is still going on as I am dealing with this same problem 2 months later... it is very anoying to not be able to rely on our stats...
I have the same problem. Please fix it ASAP! Sometimes I have more "other tracks" than specific tracks. Hrmpf!
I have a Theory. I originally sharing my podcast on SoundCloud and iTunes only. I had zero "Other Tracks" during that period. Once our Podcast started getting traction we used the RSS feed to add it to Facebook, Stitcher, Podbean and others.

I'm guessing it's just the inability to track some other sources.
Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I've reached out to our engineers to find out more about this. They've confirmed that this is due to a data inconsistency. The inconsistency re-aligns itself after some time, but I can understand that this is confusing at first.

The data team is looking into this and is working on improving this in the future.

Best
Mathis

The answer given above makes 0 sense. The "data inconsistency" is that the analytics are inaccurate. For example - it may say I have 6,000 plays but I really only have 4000 on actual tracks. Yes eventually the actual number of plays will be aligned with the 6,000 "play count" but the number shown on the page will never be accurate.

As to the theory of other applications that is a possibility but we generally see stitcher and similar apps reflected in our stats. These would only account for a fraction of "other tracks" plays. Thank you for understanding our confusion but it would be nice to get a more concrete or technical explanation as to what has been covered in the past 5 months this issue has been open on this ticket alone.
Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Best
Mathis

This shouldn't really be that complicated. The stats page can be so confusing - it needs a makeover or else you're going to lose people over it...
Hi there,

Best
Mathis

This shouldn't really be that complicated. The stats page can be so confusing - it needs a makeover or else you're going to lose people over it...

This is a ticket with the same issue that has been open for over a year https://soundcloudcommunity.com/podcasting-230062/unidentified-other-track-6722213/index2.html#post17966523

My guess is they have no intention of fixing a "bug" that makes people think they are getting more plays than they actually are.
Edit: realised my statement didn't really pertain to the bug....
Hi there,

Best
Mathis

I pay you for consistency, not inconsistency. Your reply is 8 months old and I still have "Other tracks" in my stats, consistently.
How about you delay your charge$$ till you can provide a consistent product like I provide consistent payment.

Thanks